• Register
  • Help

Topic: How would I go about finding other local musicians that use NS products?

Share/Bookmark

How would I go about finding other local musicians that use NS products?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I have looked in the phone book and called several studio's, colleges, etc and haven 0 luck finding any other musicians that use Giga, Kontact, or sample's in general in my city. I'm still fairly new at this whole system and I could use real world experiences seeing things connected in person or live demonstrations etc to help me set my home studio up. I'm not mechanically gifted at all as far as routing ins and outs and making vst's talk to Sonar or anything like that. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to help me get a good foundation to understand the ins and outs? I could start by just figuring out how to get sonar to read an audio signal to record while I'm playing back something in giga or the kompact player. Sorry for the newbish question. Seems like everytime I get some new tool to use I get busy with something that does not give me time to learn to use it properly. I have 2 comps, but one is in transition to be upgraded so I have everything on one system for now. I'm running Win Xp on 2.8 gig 1.5 ram system software I use is giga 2.54 and GPO and a few of the other kompact type players.

Thanks for the help

Seth
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Re: How would I go about finding other local musicians that use NS products?

Well it would help if you changed your profile to indicate what part of the country you're in (or even what country). People on this board are from everywhere and the possibility exists that someone is near to you, near enough that if you made it worth their while they'd be willing to consult. I don't use Sonar so I can't help you there, but there are some things that are consistent between different sequencers and audio inputs would probably qualify. Then again there's always reading the manual. Good luck.

Steve

Re: How would I go about finding other local musicians that use NS products?

Hi Steve You're right about my profile I never updated it. I live in Colorado Springs CO. Denver is 40-45 min hike away. I've read through the manual a bit and at one time I had actually had something record for about 5-10 seconds then it quit no idea why. I finally quit mesing with stuff once I got giga to work with no more hickups. I was able to record using giga using the built in recorder and playing on win media player after bit of fiddleing. However it's not working correctly. Do I need anything else to record my stuff besides Giga or some sequencer and a program such as Sonar?
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Go Back to forum