• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: There is one instrument no one asked for!

Share/Bookmark

There is one instrument no one asked for!

A blade of grass blown between the thumbs that gives off a sort of high shrieking shrilling Steven seagull sound! Why you ask? Cause you didn't.
    I think it should be added in and Gary and his team of island castaway scientist should use the new Morph technology! Just think, Garritan Morphan Solo Grass sounds!

Shhhhhhh, someone's knocking at my door. Oh, it's only the guys in their clean white coats coming to take me away ha ha!
    Styxx

Re: There is one instrument no one asked for!

In elementary school, only a select few (including me) were able to blow that sweet grass sound. We formed "The Grassblowers Club" and discriminated against the non-grassblowers
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Wow! That really takes me back to the good 'ol days when I actually could do that because I had nothing better to do! Oh sweet nostalgia...

does it come with legato?

I remember one day at lunch my friend showed that he could wiggle his ears. I decided I would like to be able to do that, so I sat in front of the mirror for a couple hours and somehow taught myself to do it! But I can't do them one at a time . . . and I can't raise one eyebrow at a time either . . . I'd sure like to learn to do that somehow . . . hmmmm
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Some Balinese music groups play similarly on leaves from a bush. Neat stuff.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Last year I made a Giga Straw Library.

My son learned that if you cut two triangles out of the end of a plastic straw, you can play it as a double reed. If you get the straws with the bendy thing, you can put a few together for saxophone shapes.

My son made a soprano, alto, tenor and baritone, and we sampled him playing them. The hardest part was trying to keep from laughing during the recording.

These samples are now the secret weapon of my private collection.

They're not for sale.

-JF

You shouldn't tease us with details like that if you aren't selling them Jon. And about the topic, heck I'll buy anything so if you release it, I will come.

How about some Big Band Samples of the late Spike Jones instruments. The would sure add color to any collection of samples. Or are those several instruments no one asked for?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    In elementary school, only a select few (including me) were able to blow that sweet grass sound. We formed "The Grassblowers Club" and discriminated against the non-grassblowers
    I'm sure you did

LOL,

Regards,

Iván

Go Back to forum