• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reinstalling yet again...

Share/Bookmark

Reinstalling yet again...

For the second time I've had to erase/restore my OSX(after installing a language learning software) and Apple did the work this time, but when I got the computer home, the GPO Studio alias in the dock is a question mark and when I try to launch an orchestra I get a message saying there's no VST plug-in.

I would reinstall from scratch but the last time this happened it was a long process with NI getting the authorization.

Any hints as to get just the VST plug-in on board or do I have to start from scratch?

Thanks

Re: Reinstalling yet again...

Copy the VSTi dll from your sequencer's VST installation folder and paste it into the GPO Studio VST Folder. Or better yet, copy it from the VST folder in the Personal Orchestra folder to the Studio VST folder. That should do the trick. Can't give specifics since I'm a PC guy.

Re: Reinstalling yet again...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Copy the VSTi dll from your sequencer's VST installation folder and paste it into the GPO Studio VST Folder. Or better yet, copy it from the VST folder in the Personal Orchestra folder to the Studio VST folder. That should do the trick. Can't give specifics since I'm a PC guy.
    Thanks for the quick response - I can't find any of the above on my hard drive and think I'd better just start from scratch and reauthorize etc.

Just as an aside, I'm a bit confused about VST vs Audio Units - are both of these plug-ins used? or is it an either/or kind of thing?

Thanks

Go Back to forum