• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: choir for GPO?!

Share/Bookmark

choir for GPO?!

hiya,

a while a go I heard talk of GPO adding a choir sample to the library...?! is this true?is that going ahead in any way? that'd be so great!

thanks
    Lauren

Re: choir for GPO?!

I remember hearing this too... With all the new additions, it may be a while - but ya' never know!

Yes, it's in the works, but it will be a while yet. Gary's just announced GPO Advances, Jazz/Big Band, and the Solo Strad. Violin, so it will be some time before the choir comes along . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Not any disrespect to Mr. Garritan, whose upcoming products look fantastic (Big Band is already on my shopping list!), but if choirs are what you seek, check out the demo for EWQLSC. It's completely awesome.

Yes, I have heard the choir is in the works for GPO but most likely not to be seen for some time. Gary is having problems getting Yoko Ono and Britney Spears to sing in tune together. Last I heard, Paul McCartney had his singers from his famous world renown Oratorio do some samples but quickly pulled out due to Michael Jackson owning the rights to Paul's vocal chords or something to that nature.
    Anynote, you can rest assure that such a project from Mr. Garritan will be worth the wait!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by dcoscina
    Not any disrespect to Mr. Garritan, whose upcoming products look fantastic (Big Band is already on my shopping list!), but if choirs are what you seek, check out the demo for EWQLSC. It's completely awesome.
    Its also priced out of reach for a lot of people. That's where the GPO choir will fit in. Don't knock it until you've heard it.

eh, we were discussing that phrase thing in the chat . . . it seems it would be nice if you want the choir to sing gibberish, but I haven't heard any demos with audible english words. Of course, perhaps that was not the goal, but it seems to me it's nothing more than a bunch of vowel sounds (among a few others). Perhaps I just haven't heard the right demos? I'd love for the choir to sing "Sean is the best!"

But I have seen no demos of users simply being able to type in any text and have it sung . . .

Do they even have any demos yet?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

This choir, right?

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml? sku=EW-165

"Advanced word building utility included for both MAC and PC that includes a text editor to type in the words you want the choir to sing"

hmmmm
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    eh, we were discussing that phrase thing in the chat . . . it seems it would be nice if you want the choir to sing gibberish, but I haven't heard any demos with audible english words. Of course, perhaps that was not the goal, but it seems to me it's nothing more than a bunch of vowel sounds (among a few others). Perhaps I just haven't heard the right demos? I'd love for the choir to sing "Sean is the best!"

But I have seen no demos of users simply being able to type in any text and have it sung . . .

Do they even have any demos yet?
    Yes. You can enter in actual text that is completely discernable with this product. Technically you could have the choir sing "Sean is the best".

Oh, it's right there one the other forum . . . I'm really stupid . . . Which is why I need a choir to sing and worship me!

Thanks!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Go Back to forum