• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sinfonietta

this is (of course) a piece submitted to the contest. It didn't win, but hey, there's always the next contest coming ...

The piece is called "Sinfonietta", since it is an orchestral work but much shorter (less than 8 min) than a "real" symphony and it is a bit "lighter" than my prevoius first symphony. Many ostinato lines, melodic material is reoccurring in many variations.

This is a 128 kBit/s mp3 file (7.3 MB):

This is a 32 kBit/s wma file (1.9 MB):

Comments are welcome!

Thank you for listening,

Orcas Island

Re: Sinfonietta

This is an excellent composition. This is the first time I heard this (unfortunately or fortunately I was not one of the judges so I am hearing many of the works for the very first time). I noticed some elements of Holst. Enjoyed this very much. I hope you don't mind if this makes it to the GPO demo page.

I hope you enter the contest next year.

thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    ... I hope you don't mind if this makes it to the GPO demo page ...
    Hello Gary,
    one of my works appearing on your demo page would be an honour for me!
    Thanks for your outstanding software!
    And yes - I like Holst, as well as Simpson, Rautavaara, Holmboe, Bruckner, Shostakovich (and of course many many more).
    Best regards,

Very good work. Interesting all the way through, well maintained structure, everything!

Wow! Nice colors. Very imaginative.

for those who may be interested in more details, I've put it in score notation:
    (ca. 700 kb)

Please be patient with the quality of the score (many things are written down way too complicated). I'm really an amateur with these things... The score is written with transposing instruments (e.g. french horns, clarinets, etc.)

Best regards,

Go Back to forum