• Register
  • Help

Topic: Barber of Seville - Overture

Share/Bookmark

Barber of Seville - Overture

Hey guys,

I haven't posted a demo in quite some time, been really busy (ugh), but heres a 100% Garritan demo for all of you! Some of you may recognize this from the play/opera, or from a bugs bunny cartoon (styxx, LOL).

http://www.samferrara.com/BarberOfSeville.mp3

Lemme know whatcha think..

~Sam
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: Barber of Seville - Overture

Fire,

That was very impressive. Nice job. The only suggestion I'd make is in the mix. The violins sound a little lite to me and the woodwinds might be a tad too heavy. When the flute doubles the 1st violins, that single flute almost covers up the whole fiddle section. Do an A/B comparrision with a recording to tweak this.

Jeff

A great mix! I would agree that the woodwinds were a little heavy sometimes, but overall I'm impressed, thanks for sharing! But where's that noise you usually add?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Well, we fixed the squeaky chair, fired that sick drummer that was always caughing, replaced the tube in the Mic, and only used one sheet of music (small font). LOL!

~Sam
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Quote Originally Posted by FireGS
    Well, we fixed the squeaky chair, fired that sick drummer that was always caughing, replaced the tube in the Mic, and only used one sheet of music (small font). LOL!
    Aww, too bad. They were great noisy performers.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Fire,

That was very impressive. Nice job. The only suggestion I'd make is in the mix. The violins sound a little lite to me and the woodwinds might be a tad too heavy. When the flute doubles the 1st violins, that single flute almost covers up the whole fiddle section. Do an A/B comparrision with a recording to tweak this.

Jeff
    I agree with the mix assessment, but as far as the programming you did a great job on this! You should get really adventurous and try to put the grace notes/turns in on the strings in the second part.

BTW, how is it when I hear this all I can think about is Elmer Fudd getting a haircut??

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    You should get really adventurous and try to put the grace notes/turns in on the strings in the second part.
    ??? Im just retarded, so just lemme know what ya mean...

and Yes, all i think about at the ending of the song is part of the wedding march song, which was placed in 6:34 of the score of that cartoon, where elmer and buggs are getting married...wow..i almost programmed that, thinking it was the actual song.. im a ditz..

~Sam
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Sam,

Excellent job. This must have taken quite a bit of time. You got a very good balance among the instruments. I could just see Bugs giving Elmer Fudd a shave

All you need is to sing along now in your operetic voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

ROTF! PERFECT!

Would you believe I just saw this episode on Boomerang? LOL

~Sam
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Go Back to forum