• Register
  • Help

Topic: question of vitous orchestra vs. VSL

Share/Bookmark

question of vitous orchestra vs. VSL

Hi there... A long while back I worked with Vitous orchestra in the akai format... At that time I thought that they sounded very nice, although I wasn't thrilled about everything in them... Since that time, they've been available for the gigastudio for some time... Has anybody had the experience of working with VSL and Vitous in the giga version and can let me know which sounds better, in this day in age? Is the Vitous orchestra "old school" and the VSL orchestra improved?? I'm talking about the VSL opus 1... Any info appreciated, thanks...

Re: question of vitous orchestra vs. VSL

Vitous was impressive enough back in the day, but it is quite out of date now. Mind you, if you know how to use it you can still get something out of it - but if you are talking about in comparision to VSL, there is simply no comparison. VSL is far, far ahead in every way. The Opus 1 set is a very nice (looking to get it myself soon) set that can't fail to please. It is a well thought out selection of the sounds of the complete VSL lib.

Thanks JC5, that was my concern... I figured the vitous had not "improved" in comparison even though released for the giga... when you're spending this kind of money, and your experience with these libraries slight, all feedback helps... Thanks for the info...

I just saw ads for a new Vitous VST library - don't remember where, but it might have been Tape Op mag.
    <edit> nope, can't find it...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/PressReleases/PLK-05-01.pdf

The Miroslav Philharmonik VSTi from IK Multimedia. It comes with the complete Miroslav orchestral and choir sample set plus some previously unreleased material (appr. 5 GB in total). The sounds have been re-programmed to take advantage of the SampleTank 2 engine (with STRETCH pitch-shifting and on-board FX).

$499, available summer 2005.

/Yoss

Thanks guys, I appreciate the update and links...

Go Back to forum