• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Ink stained fingers of Iraqi voters

Share/Bookmark

Ink stained fingers of Iraqi voters

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Today began the freedom and liberty of the vote by Iraqi's here, around the world and in Iraq for their own leadership.

I'm not supprised there's no mention of it here.

Terror and it's associates will shed blood and it's sympathizers will focus ONLY on that blood but remember:

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

This much we pledge--and more."

John F. Kennedy (D)

Re: Ink stained fingers of Iraqi voters

^
    l
    l
    l

All we can do is hope for the best. I believe the hard lesson that will be learned here is that Democracy cannot be imposed, it must come from within. The best way to spread freedom and democracy is by setting an example for the world (which we once did). Now, we try to spread it at the tip of a sword (thanks to the idiot Neocons)– doomed to a miserable failure…and perhaps the end of American Ideals – brushed off as a sham. I may be wrong (you'll never hear this from a Neocon). Let's hope for the best...

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

$5 says Allawi wins. He's such a great replacement for Saddam. He worked for Saddam at one point. He also has a great habit of executing Iraqis who are only SUSPECTED of being insurgents. I've heard two accounts of this happening (gunshot to the head).

What a great guy. He's just a puppet with the US's hand up his arse. See, now the Bush regime can kill "terrorists" through Allawi, thus avoiding any responsibility.

I dunno, maybe I'm overanalyzing the whole sitauation. robgb? Nick B? What do you make of Allawi?
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    You would think that the Iraqis that live in the U.S. would really have a deep love and understanding of democracy. And that voting is an essential duty to keep a democracy vibrant and healthy. Right!?

Well, it appears that of all the Iraqi voters in America, 90 Percent are NOT voting.

I don't know what that means. Don't they care? Don't they understand? Very strange.

Ern
    I don't know any Iraqi Americans.. I wish I did, cuz I'd like to know too. I have a feeling that they believe voting won't matter because they feel it's rigged (because the US has their hands way too deep into Iraq).
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

I really don't know anything about him, Sam. Perhaps he was a Unocal consultant like Hamid Karzai and Condoleeza Rice?

Brian, we never really had the moral values we claim to have had when it came to foreign policy. It's sad but true, regardless of who was president.

The difference now is that the idiot neocons prefer to use the military toward that end more than even regular Republicans ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    You would think that the Iraqis that live in the U.S. would really have a deep love and understanding of democracy. And that voting is an essential duty to keep a democracy vibrant and healthy. Right!?

Well, it appears that of all the Iraqi voters in America, 90 Percent are NOT voting.

I don't know what that means. Don't they care? Don't they understand? Very strange.

Ern
    For what it's worth, I think CNN yesterday had a whole article about Iraqis in America who were thrilled about voting and were thanking the troops, America, etc. I don't have the link, but then again, I don't even own a TV so I don't have to be bothered with most media crap anyway.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

The "story" on the local news is how great the election is. They interviewed two people who were voting and none who are not. They offered no second-level analysis nor any contrary opinions.

However, I did deduce a reason as to why so many might not be voting: The Portlanders who they interviewed needed to make two trips to LA. The first was to register, the second to vote. If the voting is that incovenient in the US, then 10% is pretty respectable.

I have to admit, I don't know the whole situation. But simplistic opinion packaging from the local news doesn't help.

-JF

Just one problem I can see:

If the Neocons can't (or won't) even organise an honest, transparent and properly scrutinized election in their OWN country - one with an established history of democracy - how on Earth can they be trusted to do so in an anarchic third world dictatorship that they've just invaded?

Well if you're in WA. state and a Lunatic Liberal "(D)" then there's no transparent and properly scrutinized election there... since a "(D)" stole...er I mean won, it's shhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 3000 more "(D)" votes than voters!

As Steward Smalley (speaking of Lunatic Liberals) would say: "but that's o...k..."

Anyway back to Iraq -

10%? Try again, how about;

75% ~ 80% voter turn out as Rueters is reporting! Most of them THANKING President of the United States: George W. Bush!

One certain reverend Ken Joseph, a former human shield who wrote the book "I was wrong", is claiming turn out may be 90%

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast