Topic: About samples

Share/Bookmark

About samples

I listened to GPO’s demos, and found them very beautiful. There is only(if
    I well understood. I did not try the GPO personally) a lack of possible
    articulations, very used in all the music since Mahler. I could make some
    examples: 1) Strings (solo and ensamble): "col legno", "al ponticello" (on
    the bridge, normal or tremolo), Bartok pizzicato; 2) Wind instruments:
    flutter tongue. These sounds are really very used everywhere in 20th century's repertory, and also in the modern film music. It would be nice if an
    advanced version, in the future, will contain also these so used sounds. I
    know it is almost impossible making everybody happy. I am not meaning I'd
    like to have 10 different kinds of vibrato. I am only talking about common
    sounds, you can find in almost every score since Mahler to our days. One
    suggested me to buy the EWQLSO. Well, I took a look to the articulations
    list of the Gold Version
    (http://www.mmspool1.de/bs/linkprd/ew...ldEdition.html), and I found also there some incredible (on my opinion) lacks. For example: again no sound on the bridge for strings instruments, no harmonics, no "col legno", violas and basses have no trills, no sordina (mutes) for many instruments, no Bartok pizzicato, no flutter tongue for the most common instruments that use it, and much more. These just mentioned sounds are nothing special, as already said. They are really of common use in almost every score since more than 100 years. So now, considering the difference of price, I would prefer to buy the GPO, although I would appreciate if some used sounds will be soon implemented in the announced Advanced version. Bye, L.

Re: About samples

I don't think Gary has yet posted a complete list of what will be added to GPO Advanced, but he has mentioned col legno effects, sul ponticello, harmonics, and Bartok pizzicatos, so you may have something to look forward to.

Also, if you haven't yet, you might want to read about the EWQLSO Pro upgrades that are coming out in a few months. A lot of new things are being added, including some of the sounds that you're missing.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: About samples

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    I don't think Gary has yet posted a complete list of what will be added to GPO Advanced, but he has mentioned col legno effects, sul ponticello, harmonics, and Bartok pizzicatos, so you may have something to look forward to.
    Thank you. I think I will wait for the GPO advanced.

Go Back to forum