• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ballet for Avery

Smile Ballet for a 3-year-old

One night over the holidays, after watching my 3-year-old niece Avery dancing around at a family gathering, I mentioned to my wife that it would be nice to write a ballet for her some day. Thanks to the magic of GPO, I was able to write one for her to dance to on the very next night:

Harp 1, marimba (nice echo to the harp), flute, clarinet, bassoon 1, French horn 1, Trumpet 1 agressive, full strings sus-short
    Last edited by danveach; 02-02-2005 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Title change

Talking Re: Ballet for Avery

You're back! So great to hear another piece by you. Much like your "For Those Who Care", this piece is very lyrical. I enjoyed it thoroughly! I'm sure Avery is delighted!
    Thank you for sharing this with us!

We are the makers of music and the dreamers of dreams.

Re: Ballet for Avery

Thanks William. Avery was quite delighted. My woodwind quintet used to play Faure's "Dolly Suite", and I was hoping to capture some of that simple charm in this piece.
    By the way, I've redone "Those Who Care" with the GPO update and there's a huge difference; I may post a comparison of the two versions.

Re: Ballet for Avery

Very nice!! I can just see a little 3 year old dancing around with a big smile on her face!!

on the end of the bow...

Thumbs up Re: Ballet for Avery

Cool, I like it!

Go Back to forum