• Register
  • Help

Topic: MidiOverLan+ and Sonar problem.

Share/Bookmark

MidiOverLan+ and Sonar problem.

I\'ve been running Midioverlan for a while and it\'s a wonderful tool, except ONE big problem that I feel I\'m the only one in the whole world who has.

When I record something in Sonar 1.3-2.2 (Doesn\'t seem to matter) and press \"STOP\" when I\'m done, the MidiOverLan+ driver crashes and I have to close it. I can continue to work if I ignore the error message, but needless to say this is annoying.

The problem goes away if I uncheck the \"Zero Controllers When Play Stops\" button in \"options...Project...\". With this button unchecked, though, it gets nearly impossible to manage an orchestral score as notes will hang on stop.

I had this problem with the very first demo of Midi Replicator and Sonar 1.3, and I\'m still having it in MidioverLan+ in Sonar 2.2.

Anyone with the same problem? Could it be my USB midisport 4x4 interface conflicting somehow with MOL? It has to be SOMETHING. In Sonar 1.3 it also crashed when I did midi track volume tweaks in realtime. Seems to be gone in SONAR 2.2, or maybe it\'s because of the new MOL driver.

Any thoughts/help would be nice.

Thomas

Re: MidiOverLan+ and Sonar problem.

I\'m using MIDIoverLAN+ with Giga and Sonar 2.2 with the \"Zero Controllers When Play Stops\" without problems. I\'m using a MOTU microExpress parallel port MIDI interface. It possibly could the the USB midisport causing the issue.

Thomas,

I\'m also using Sonar 2.2 and MidiOverLan+ to Giga without problems, regardless of the \"zero controllers\" setting. Do you have any alternative MIDI in port (game port or whatever) you could try just to eliminate the USB as a test?

Also what OS are you using? I\'m on XP SP1 here. I have an unused USB MidiSport 2x2 I could try to see if I get the same problem.

/Mattias

Hey guys, I was on WIN98se until today. I just installed Windows XP and I\'m glad I did. It seems rock stable. I would love it if you did some testing with the Midisport, Mattias, but only if you have time! Thanks a lot for the kind offer! I\'ll try and get things up and running ASAP here. Curious whether it works or not.

Thomas

Thomas,

Did the XP upgrade eliminate the problem??

/Mattias

It\'s too early to tell. I got some computer trouble on my sequencer comp. The CPU is overheating even with the best fan and heatsink I could get. I\'m going to replace it tomorrow. It\'s definitely a production error. I\'ve never encountered this problem before, even though AMD\'s are infamous for getting very hot. Mine was idling at around 65-67 degrees celcius, which is definitely not good for its health.

Thomas

Ouch...that\'s not good! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

/Mattias

Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    The CPU is overheating even with the best fan and heatsink I could get ... AMD ...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">TJ,
    Could it be that your BIOS is set up for overclock your chip? As you probably know, overclocking (high clock speeds and voltages) creates a lot of additional heat. Just a thought.

As much as I wish that was the case, I can assure you that it\'s not. I went and bought some Arctic Silver 3 thermal goop today. It took off about 4-5 degrees. Still high but at least I can work with the computer now. Remains to see how well things work once I start loading up heavy VSTi\'s though.

At least ASIO is working in SONAR now and even down at 2ms latency on my Audigy 2 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I underclocked the XP2600+ to XP2000+, and it\'s still around 58-59 degrees idle.

Thomas

Go Back to forum