• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 2.54 - Pan to Left Not Working

Share/Bookmark

Question Giga 2.54 - Pan to Left Not Working

Hello

I just installed Giga 2.54 on a PIII I had lying around. It's a windows 98se machine with a Delta Audiophile 24/96 card installed. The card was working perfectly in Wavelab and other audio applications, however, when I boot up Gigastudio the sound will not pan to the left. It seems to hang in the center when the Giga pan pots are fully L64. It does work when I pan to the right.

Does anyone know why this is happening. I trying reinstalling the latest drivers, but nothing seems to help.

Thanks

Kevin

Re: Giga 2.54 - Pan to Left Not Working

Sounds odd -- sure it isn't something much simpler, like a loose speaker cable? Do other sound applications work?

Quote Originally Posted by gugliel
    Sounds odd -- sure it isn't something much simpler, like a loose speaker cable? Do other sound applications work?

Yes, other applications are working just fine.

Kevin

Sorry to question you -- just that I used gs 2.5 for a long time and never saw anything like that. But who knows, there are probably enough buggy combinations of equipment and setups to last for a very long time.

Might be worth getting a stereo sample with two completely different sounds on left and right, to help evaluate it. I posted something here

http://www.guglielmomusic.com/test.gig with one note, an F4, that has different right and left -- but I'm afraid it is probably saved in gigastudio 3 format.

Smile Re: Giga 2.54 - Pan to Left Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by gugliel
    Sorry to question you -- just that I used gs 2.5 for a long time and never saw anything like that. But who knows, there are probably enough buggy combinations of equipment and setups to last for a very long time.

Might be worth getting a stereo sample with two completely different sounds on left and right, to help evaluate it. I posted something here

http://www.guglielmomusic.com/test.gig with one note, an F4, that has different right and left -- but I'm afraid it is probably saved in gigastudio 3 format.
    Gugliel,

Thanks for going out of your way to try and solve my problem. I too have used Gigastudio for many years and I am completely stumped about this panning issue. I've decided not to put anymore thought into it. It's a PIII 500 and I'm not going to get much milage out of it anyway. I'm just going to think about getting another PIV rig.

Thanks

Kevin

Go Back to forum