• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: VintAudio Clean Guitars Keyswitches

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    VintAudio Clean Guitars Keyswitches

    Hi all (and hi to Frankie if you're there),

    The Read Me included with the Clean Guitars Library makes reference to a diagram which doesn't exist (in the Mac version anyway). I quote:

    On figure below, noticed how the 3 Mid and High keyswitches are laid out, this was done intentionally so you can switch from one to another easily.
    INCLUDEPICTURE "../Vintaudio%20GIGA%20Libraries/GIGA%20GCEGuitars/keyboard%20gigaufo.jpg" \* MERGEFORMATINET


    Love the Library, but is there any chance of getting to see this diagram because I'm finding the keyswitches a bit confusing? I wrote to tech support on January 9 but received no reply.

    Kind regards.

  2. #2

    Re: VintAudio Clean Guitars Keyswitches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bourke
    Hi all (and hi to Frankie if you're there),

    The Read Me included with the Clean Guitars Library makes reference to a diagram which doesn't exist (in the Mac version anyway). I quote:

    On figure below, noticed how the 3 Mid and High keyswitches are laid out, this was done intentionally so you can switch from one to another easily.
    INCLUDEPICTURE "../Vintaudio%20GIGA%20Libraries/GIGA%20GCEGuitars/keyboard%20gigaufo.jpg" \* MERGEFORMATINET


    Love the Library, but is there any chance of getting to see this diagram because I'm finding the keyswitches a bit confusing? I wrote to tech support on January 9 but received no reply.

    Kind regards.
    Hi I just checked our emails and we never recieved your email, please email again and I'll send you the picture, you're right it doesnt appear properly in Macs.

    Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio

  3. #3

    Re: VintAudio Clean Guitars Keyswitches

    Hi Franky,

    FYI, the key-switches are differently laid out in Halion (3.01, Win XP, SX 3.01) as well. They are there, but not on the keys indicated in the text file.

    All the best,

    Magnus

  4. #4

    Re: VintAudio Clean Guitars Keyswitches

    Hi Franky,

    Thanks for your response. I've just sent off another email now to:

    support@vintaudio.com

    If there's any problem you can always PM me here.

    Kind regards.

  5. #5

    Re: VintAudio Clean Guitars Keyswitches

    I've been really confused by these keyswitches as well.

    I am using Halion format Vintaudio Clean Guitars in Halion 2 (2.035 I think) inside Nuendo 3. The diagram in the Vintaudio docs shows the bottom group of switch keys but the megatrig page in Halion lists a completely different set of switch keys but they don't work. I have read the Halion docs and tried to work out what is going on here but am totally confused (I am not a Halion library developer).

    Some other things:

    If you hit a key which is not a normal sample key, it acts as a keyswitch and as it is not linked to a sample set, nothing plays. This is easily done by accident and I suspect a Halion feature. Is there any way to get Halion to NOT switch samples unless a specific switch key is pressed?

    And another unusual one:

    When trying out the Artisan, I found samples going down to C below the normal bottom E of a guitar. I started writing some music on the basis of this extra range.

    Next time I load a new project up with the Artisan guitar, it stops at the normal E. ?????!!!!!

    So I suspect I have some confusion concerning the implementation within Halion.

    I would really like to stop the empty keys switching to no samples (completely kills the playing when it happens!) and I'd like to understand why the switch keys shown in Halion don't match the switch keys in the Vintaudio docs yet the Vintaudio keys work.

    The bottom C issue with the Artisan definitely happened!

    As you can guess, I am a little confused by all this!

    Any tips or advice gratefully received!

    Mark

  6. #6

    Re: VintAudio Clean Guitars Keyswitches

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEdmonds
    ... The diagram in the Vintaudio docs shows the bottom group of switch keys but the megatrig page in Halion lists a completely different set of switch keys but they don't work. ...
    Hi Mark,

    This is the same in Halion 3, except the key-switches that show up in Halion do work.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEdmonds
    ... If you hit a key which is not a normal sample key, it acts as a keyswitch and as it is not linked to a sample set, nothing plays. This is easily done by accident and I suspect a Halion feature. Is there any way to get Halion to NOT switch samples unless a specific switch key is pressed? ...
    This is normal Halion 2 and 1 behavior. FWIW, this behavior is no longer present in Halion 3. Perhaps an update?

    All the best,

    Magnus

  7. #7

    Re: VintAudio Clean Guitars Keyswitches

    Hey Franky,

    I got the keyswitch diagram thanks. Now it all makes sense :-)

    Thanks again to all at VintAudio support.

    Kind regards.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •