• Register
  • Help

Topic: content file not located?

Share/Bookmark

content file not located?

I hate like dikens to have to do this as i consider the normal ease or the ease with which I updated on my other pc the new update(swell!, again, thanks Gary!)
    But.on the second go-round I decided to crash after asking on the forum if anyone recognized this boggle I have found..I think my other pc with which it went so well, I neglected to uninstall the original GPO and i was not even required to enter my serial nor was registering needed, and I donno why but this time I removed the original, and my error window tells me both times the it cannot "find the "content" file?? I thought I had an idea of what this would be, but maybe not... i could continue to re-try, but i felt like asking you all and sleep on it, as I have a bad tendency to not eve give up and not get that particular night's sleep..........anyone see what I did? or what i might try differently?

greatly appreciative,
    Jbon

Re: content file not located?

When is it giving you this error? On GPO startup? When installing? When removing the application?

This information may shed some light on what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    When is it giving you this error? On GPO startup? When installing? When removing the application?

This information may shed some light on what's happening.
    ls

Thanks awfully much Joseph....
    It is when I am attempting to upgrade , or after I uninstalled the original gpo and tried to install the new one

in a word;
    (installing)

the same process seemed to be a breeze on my other desktop

I also want to get both pc's tuned and paired up for use together
    with either fx teleport or some similar process of which I am yet still not fully
    straight on how to correctly do in case I can learn about this soon as well

It just sounds like your new install is not pointed to the library's proper location. Open an instance of GPO, click "Options" and then double check the setting that points to your GPO library. Type in the correct location, and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoers
    It just sounds like your new install is not pointed to the library's proper location. Open an instance of GPO, click "Options" and then double check the setting that points to your GPO library. Type in the correct location, and you're good to go.
    Yes this was my initial reaction , but as I "offered" to the system , every posible whatever the thing was wanting to have satisfied, each response was no go, or well I forget what exactly the response was but it was negative as I tried the locations of every imaginable needed area to try and satisfy what had originallysounded like an understandable qualm

But I am about to give it another go thanks to you wonderful quick answers givers--
    I will get it

ps.... so,it sounds like I was actually correct in my idea of what was the definition of the "content" it repeatedly says was not there,or that it is indeed as it sounds like the actual definition would logically be, or
    like my instruments and all that stuff...right?

cuz each time I redirected the thing to what I thought was its desireit denied that was what it wanted......

i shall get it -I just needed the reconfirmation that my thinking was correct,

which you swell folks have helped me ascertain

thanks again

Even as I am so happy to have lived to see this wonderful day of virtual everything, the special tech-heightened abilities we enjoy and our young seem to take for granted,
    I do appreciate that it hasn't always been this "modern".......
    but I remember in grade school when the weekly reader informed us kids how very lucky we were to live in the times in which we did,
    I am so eager to hopefully also live to see the day when we can see each other on our own visual displays, and come closer to actually meeting one another, as I feel I am in or among a very select group when I am among fellow Garritan folks

If you have previously uninstalled GPO make sure that when you reinstall to check to install the instruments. You can't update the content if there are no instrument files to update. I think that may be where the problem is. Are you on PC or MAC? If PC, check C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\Library. In there should be 3 .nkm files as well as the instrument folders. If you are missing this stuff, you need to start with a fresh install of GPO from the original CD's then upgrade using the upgrade file you downloaded.

We'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    If you have previously uninstalled GPO make sure that when you reinstall to check to install the instruments. You can't update the content if there are no instrument files to update. I think that may be where the problem is. Are you on PC or MAC? If PC, check C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\Library. In there should be 3 .nkm files as well as the instrument folders. If you are missing this stuff, you need to start with a fresh install of GPO from the original CD's then upgrade using the upgrade file you downloaded.

We'll get there.
    bless you ,

I think I can emphatically agree that the fact I uninstalled the old version first this time, was the error, not because I have an understanding of the windows stuff that goes on as you seem to have at least double in comparison to my windows savvy, but just from what I do know went well in my other machine when I hurredly neglected to uninstall the old version first....one instance when , rarely I must say my haste would possibly have yielded preferable results over my more elaborate tendencied self's style of doing stuff

shew!! this is very testy

I guess every day has its unique learning experience

thanks agin

Go Back to forum