• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ken-P Wins Two Awards!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Ken-P Wins Two Awards!

Last week I reported that Ken-P was one of the winners of the GPO Orchestration Competition. He will have his work performed by a real symphony orchestra in two months. It was great to meet Ken-P at NAMM and have him present for the official announcement.

But Ken-P did not stop there. He just won the 2004 Raymond W. Brock Memorial Composition Contest by ACDA, the most prestigious choral music organization in the U.S. His award-winning piece will be featured at ACDA National Convention on February 2nd & 3rd. Ken-P and his friend sung every part of the 8-part composition that won the award.

Congratulations Ken-P ! You are a gifted composer and the future looks very bright for you!

Gary Garritan

Re: Ken-P Wins Two Awards!

Congratulations Ken. I for one, can't wait to hear the live performance of you winning contest piece.

Smile Re: Ken-P Wins Two Awards!

Here is the link to mp3 demo of my piece "Kyrie". The recording was done by me and my friend, Yvonne Fiedler.
    http://www.wisemanproject.com/demo/kyrie-recording.mp3
    The score will be published by Gentry Publications and distributed by Hal Leneonard.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-P
    Here is the link to mp3 demo of my piece "Kyrie". The recording was done by me and my friend, Yvonne Fiedler.
    http://www.wisemanproject.com/demo/kyrie-recording.mp3
    The score will be published by Gentry Publications and distributed by Hal Leneonard.
    Awesome, Ken. My favorite arranger of all time is Gene Puerling of the Singers Unlimited and Hi-Los, so I can appreciate the harmony.
    I understood none of the lyrics, but the chords ministered to my soul absolutely wonderful.
    How fantastic for you!
    A huge congratulations!
    DPDAN

Beautiful...just beautiful!

I love tight vocal harmony like this. My favorites through the years have been The Hi-Los and the Four Freshmen.

You have much talent. I am in awe! Your fine piece is splendid!

My best,

Larry A.

Wow.... I had heard his other choral works but this is pure beauty...

I can't wait to hear his winning orchestral piece... Kentaro or Gary, could you post the GPO piece?

Thank you for your music

Oh, I did enjoy this! What a wonderful feeling you have for harmony, Ken-P! Great piece, look forward to hearing more of your music.

Terry Dwyer

Thumbs up Re: Ken-P Wins Two Awards!

One of the greatest joys in being a member of this musical community is sharing ones dreams and accomplishments! Congratulations Ken-P and much more.
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Ken-P Wins Two Awards!

Wow Ken-P, this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anton

Amazing, Ken-P. Your accolades are richly deserved.

Go Back to forum