• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Master Class Brass Tutorial by Danielle

Share/Bookmark

Master Class Brass Tutorial by Danielle

Last month we presented the first in a series of Master Class GPO Tutorials by Danielle. These tutorials offersome wonderful tips and tricks to help you in your midi orchestrations.

The first tutorial covered the Stringed Instruments and was well received and helpful to many GPO users. The basics of ensemble building and many other topics were covered.

The next tutorial focuses on the Brass Instruments:
    http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/Dan..._Brass.html

There are sections on Imparting Dynamics, Using the Brass Overlays in Section Building, Avoiding the 'Machine-Gun' Effect and Making Horn Rips.

Looking forward to hearing better brass and string demos now that you know these secrets.

It was incredibly generous to share these insights which will be an enormous benefit to the GPO Community.

Gary Garritan

Re: Master Class Brass Tutorial by Danielle

Thank you Danielle, for making these tutorials available. Gary thanks for hosting them.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Thank you Danielle, for making these tutorials available. Gary thanks for hosting them.
    Good job Danielle!
    Dan

Fantastic job Danielle!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Thumbs up Re: Master Class Brass Tutorial by Danielle

I was real happy with the results I had using Danielle's first tutorial on Strings. This should prove to be quite the equivalent and comes at a time where it is much needed for my projects!
    Thank you much Danielle and Gary for your hard work and thoughtfulness!
    Styxx

Talking Re: Master Class Brass Tutorial by Danielle

Thanks a lot Danielle!
    I think that these tutorial could be integrated in the GPO cds as a virtual "how to"

thanks a lot danielle.. it'll really help me when i recieve my copy of GPO which is ON THE WAY!!!
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Plus, based on the screenshots, it appears Danielle is a Sonar user - doubly helpful!

Many thanks! I always have difficulty writing for brass, and this tutorial will certainly help.

Again, thank you for taking the time create this.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by crr
    Thanks a lot Danielle!
    I think that these tutorial could be integrated in the GPO cds as a virtual "how to"
    Including the tutorials sounds like a good idea (if it is not too much trouble).

The String Tutorial was a big help even though I am not using Sonar, so I'm looking forward to working thru the Brass Tutorial.

Thanks Danielle!

Go Back to forum