• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga VST Adapter

Share/Bookmark

Giga VST Adapter

... anyone use it?
    Does it work properly ?
    I've heard that there are some problems with Vienna Performance tool using Giga VST Adapter.
    What's your experience with it?

Re: Giga VST Adapter

Not a very stable solution. Better use Midi over Lan and a dedicated GSIF compatible soundcard. Or if you run on the same comp as the sequencer try to run as an rewire slave.

Greetings Resident.

So you're saying that ReWire is better and more stable than the Giga VST Adapter 1.03, when using Gigastudio 3.04 and a sequencer (like SX) on the same PC?

I heard in the past that Rewire and Gigastudio 3 were not working to well...Maybe this has changed?

Thumbs up Re: Giga VST Adapter

Some do have good results though with VST adapter. I did not crackles all the time. But Rewire is working fine for me, with cubase sx, With 3.04 and hyperthreading enabled finally!

I use GVA all the time and never have any stability problems. It is actually more stable than many soundcard GSIF drivers.

Tom Boughner
    PraySong Music

I started using the Giga VST Adapter when I could no I started using more the 16 instruments because of sonar's 16 channel rewire limitation. I actually had better results with the VST Adapter than with rewire and it was quite stable.
    Tim

I use GVA all the time and never have any stability problems. It is actually more stable than many soundcard GSIF drivers.

Tom Boughner
    Hi, Tom.

Do you use it on a separate giga PC ?

Cause personally, during my tests, I got some ‘drop outs’ storm through the LAN (Gigabit mobos and switch box) in the host, each time I touched the slave, which was very inconvenient (I had to wait several seconds before it calm down each time...)

That’s the reason why I still don’t use it...

I use GigaVST on the same machine, and Giga VST combined with FX teleport for seperate machines. Thte latter is a little unstable, plus it takes a long time to render.

For same machine, GigaVST is working pretty good. I've had a couple of random crashes, but for the most part it's a great solution. On my system, it is much more stable and reliable than Rewire.

Crystal,

I primarily use GVA with Giga on the same machine. I have FXT as well, but rarely use it.

Tom

Go Back to forum