• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: KH Solo Strings and Halion: Playability?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    KH Solo Strings and Halion: Playability?

    I own KH solo strings and use Halion as my main software sampler. Earlier in 2004 KH provided Halion compatible porgrams but I´m still not too happy with the playability as there are no instant switch possibilies for different articulations like Halion´s megatrigg function implemented.

    I don´t know if there is a newer Halion program file version available as the support on KH´s webpage doesn´t work.

    Can anyone comment how to improve the playability of the solo string library with Halion?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Decatur Illinois
    Posts
    901

    Unhappy Re: KH Solo Strings and Halion: Playability?

    Sorry Raindog, I feel your pain. I have the exact same situation with Halion and KHSS. There were extensive instructions on his website for using the Halion conversion fxb.'s but I could'nt even get that to work. Since then I have bought GPO and EWQL Gold and just sorta forgotten that I have the KHSS.

  3. #3

    Re: KH Solo Strings and Halion: Playability?

    Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    Sorry Raindog, I feel your pain. I have the exact same situation with Halion and KHSS. There were extensive instructions on his website for using the Halion conversion fxb.'s but I could'nt even get that to work. Since then I have bought GPO and EWQL Gold and just sorta forgotten that I have the KHSS.
    Hi Eric,
    at least I know that I didn´t miss something. I could make the files work but I´m still not satisfied. I could build my own files with the possibilities of megatrigg included but I´m a lazy person

    I hope that there will be an update of KHSS using the new possibilities of Halion 3 (such as alternate mode). It´s such a shame that such an excellent library has a limited use factor (at least for me). But maybe there is something in the pipeline. Anyone her with better information than me?

    Regards
    Raindog

  4. #4

    Re: KH Solo Strings and Halion: Playability?

    Please post these issues at the Kirk Hunter forum at www.kirkhunter.com. This way we can contact the programmer and see what's going on.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

  5. #5

    Re: KH Solo Strings and Halion: Playability?

    I use KHSS with Hal2 and although of course there is no Alternate mode, everything seems to work as it should. There are a lot of keyswitched instruments as well as mod wheel switched instruments - didn't you get them?
    As far as I remember the keyswitches all worked OK after import.
    Tim

  6. #6

    Re: KH Solo Strings and Halion: Playability?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    I own KH solo strings and use Halion as my main software sampler. Earlier in 2004 KH provided Halion compatible porgrams but I´m still not too happy with the playability as there are no instant switch possibilies for different articulations like Halion´s megatrigg function implemented.

    I don´t know if there is a newer Halion program file version available as the support on KH´s webpage doesn´t work.

    Can anyone comment how to improve the playability of the solo string library with Halion?
    BTW, what version of HALion are you running?
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

  7. #7

    Re: KH Solo Strings and Halion: Playability?

    Quote Originally Posted by peter269
    BTW, what version of HALion are you running?
    Halion 2 AND 3 (more H2 as my Mac´s Cpu isn´t quite up to date)
    regards
    Raindog

  8. #8

    Re: KH Solo Strings and Halion: Playability?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    Halion 2 AND 3 (more H2 as my Mac´s Cpu isn´t quite up to date)
    regards
    Raindog
    Please post this at the Kirk Hunter forum.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

  9. #9

    Re: KH Solo Strings and Halion: Playability?

    Quote Originally Posted by peter269
    Please post this at the Kirk Hunter forum.

    Done
    Regards
    Raindog

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •