• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO big troubles !

GPO big troubles !

first of all, sorry for my bad english...

I use GPO, and I was very happy with it, but now I have a strange and big problem :
    I work with Cubase SX2. Everything is OK during I create the song, but when I close my Project, Cubase, and reload it later, GPO is making an awfull noise, on every channel, like "Heavy Metal" crash. The only way is to remove GPO and re-open it in my song, but it makes me loose all my settings, EQ, and FX...

The problem was not here before I buy an UAD-1 card. Is it a coincidence or not ? I use the both in my projects.

You can hear an EXAMPLE

It makes me crazy. Thanks for any help. It's my job and I loose so many time now !

If I reinstall my GPO on another harddrive, what's happening with my registration ?

Re: GPO big troubles !

That is definately a sound card or looped feedback issue. I don't know what a UAD-1 is, but if it's a new soundcard, then there may be some type of sync issue. Beyond that I don't know how to help you further. Gary or someone else will likely post here today and they may be able to help you more than I can.
    I kinda go through the forum and look for posts that have no responses. Especially folks with problems.

Hang in there, this too shall pass

Re: GPO big troubles !

Thank you DPDAN.

UAD-1 is a PCI & DSP card with plugins (excellents !!) on board. You can find information about it here :

My audio card is a MOTU 2408 mkII. No problem with it before.

Question Re: GPO big troubles !

Well, it seems that nobody could help me...

But anyway, I 've found something : if I turn off all my VSTI before to save and close my SX project file, then I have no problem. I just need to put them on when I open it again, but it's ok.

There is certainly a conflict during the opening of my VSTI, when I load a project...

Go Back to forum