• Register
  • Help

Topic: Windows and Finale 2005r2 and GPO Studio V1.2

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Windows and Finale 2005r2 and GPO Studio V1.2

Hello,
    I have a PC computer with 1.4 GHz and 1 GB of RAM 17 Gigabytes of Harddrive available . It is using the XP Version 2002. with Service Pack 1

I have a score that has 7 staves in Finale 2005 r2. In GPO Studio V1.2 I am using on the the first instrument with these Instruments:
    All are WET....
    TPT 1 ENS1
    Tuba Overlay
    Bassoon 1 ENS1
    Oboe 1 Modern Ens
    Flute Ens1
    Bb Clarinet ENS1
    French Horn 1 Ens

The music has a bunch of 8ths in a series with staccato markings, it is an active, "catoony piece. Not overly Orchestrated, but active.
    I can playback a couple of times, then it starts to hog the entire CPU, and the clipping starts, then it kind of screeches to a halt. I can kill the GPO studio and that takes care of the problem for a couple more playings. I looked at the TASK Manager and it says that the GPO dll is maxing out the CPU, not Finale. I have my buffer in the studio set to 512 (the max).
    What can be done about this? When I run the music in NUendo ( which is without the GPO studio) , I can play it all day long. My guess is that GPO studio is not cleaning up? One note, it never gets close to pegging out my RAM.
    Thanks,
    Georg
    Last edited by georg777; 01-31-2005 at 02:42 PM. Reason: This si a PC question

Re: Windows and Finale 2005r2 and GPO Studio V1.2

Quote Originally Posted by georg777
    Hello,
    I have a PC computer with 1.4 GHz and 1 GB of RAM 17 Gigabytes of Harddrive available . It is using the XP Version 2002. with Service Pack 1

I have a score that has 7 staves in Finale 2005 r2. In GPO Studio V1.2 I am using on the the first instrument with these Instruments:
    All are WET....
    Unless I am very much mistaken, you're not supposed to play individual instruments as wet unless you're trying to hear what a single instrument sounds like. Instead, you're supposed to play them dry and apply effects to the entire resulting output through Ambience, which you access by clicking the icon in the lower right corner of the Studio window.

If you play the individual instruments as wet, it uses lots of cpu applying the effects to each instrument individually.

That kind of makes sense. I will give it a try.

Hi Andrew,
    That took care of it. I get it now, the Ambience is set inside of the studio as a separate, global setting for all the instruments.
    Thanks! I am learning
    Cheers,
    Georg

Go Back to forum