• Register
  • Help

Topic: Airborne Bliss

Share/Bookmark

Airborne Bliss

One day I came up with a melody on my way home from school. As soon as I got home I played around with the melody and finally made a song out of it in two-three hours. This is what I ended up with^_^
    Feedback would be appreciated.

http://home.eunet.no/~achriste/dummy...orne_bliss.mp3

Re: Airborne Bliss

Excellent piece!!!! Great chord progressions - easy to follow yet the unconventional one here and there to avoid being predictable. Nice key change at 1:00...and nice transition back into the original key from 1:03 to 1:11. I like the brass harmonies too! Personally I would have liked some legato strings added towards the end, and a heavier bass throughout but I still love the piece. Finally, I kind of expected a more climactic ending. With all that said, I think it's a great piece, well orchestrated with great use of different registers for the different orchestral sections. I reckon a trumpet player would probably want to use his piccolo trumpet in C for that solo! Thanks for sharing! Great work!

best Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the feedback
    Another thing I want to know is what you see/think/feel when you hear it, or what you think this song could be used to (a particular scene in a movie, a game, etc).

Personally, I imagine a huge lump of rock with a castle built on it floating among the clouds. There are lots of small airplanes flying around it, trying to shoot each other down. And there's this guy who is going to save a princess (cliché, I know), and he's running towards a ledge, dragging her behind him. Then he holds her tight and jump off the ledge while he grabs a rope with his free hand, and swings over to another part of the castle while the princess looks down in terror. Then an old man (with white hair, beard and goggles) piloting one of the planes looks at the guy in surprise.

That's what I imagine when I hear this song, anyway
    So yeah, I'd like to hear what you imagine when you hear this song.

-Ivar

Quote Originally Posted by Dummyplug
    Thanks for the feedback
    Another thing I want to know is what you see/think/feel when you hear it, or what you think this song could be used to (a particular scene in a movie, a game, etc).

Personally, I imagine a huge lump of rock with a castle built on it floating among the clouds. There are lots of small airplanes flying around it, trying to shoot each other down. And there's this guy who is going to save a princess (cliché, I know), and he's running towards a ledge, dragging her behind him. Then he holds her tight and jump off the ledge while he grabs a rope with his free hand, and swings over to another part of the castle while the princess looks down in terror. Then an old man (with white hair, beard and goggles) piloting one of the planes looks at the guy in surprise.

That's what I imagine when I hear this song, anyway
    So yeah, I'd like to hear what you imagine when you hear this song.

-Ivar
    Ivar,

Very imaginitive, energetic and lively. I see this as an action cue for a game or movie. Now that I read your vision, it's hard to imagine anything else. Your music fits perfect for what you described. Kin had some very good suggestions.

Keep up the great work!

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum