• Register
  • Help

Topic: Edirol HQO as VST

Share/Bookmark

Question Edirol HQO as VST

Hi to everyone.
    Just a thing.
    There is no way to translate the samples of Edirol HQO in to kontakt or giga file?
    I find there are samples sound really good (for example the flutes!!) .
    otherwise there are no paths to make works edirol HQO as VST playing directly with Finale or other scoring program (rule out cubase)
    Thanks.
    Beach

Re: Edirol HQO as VST

Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Hi to everyone.
    Just a thing.
    There is no way to translate the samples of Edirol HQO in to kontakt or giga file?
    otherwise there are no paths to make works edirol HQO as VST playing directly with Finale or other scoring program (rule out cubase)
    Thanks.
    Beach
    No, HQO has nothing to do with Giga etc, so it cannot be converted. However, there is a method with which to use it in Finale that I applied some time ago before getting into more complicated sample libraries.
    You will need a simple freeware program called Midi Yoke (do a search and you will find it). What this is is a 'virtual' midi router that will connect your HQO host with Finale. Just set both your midi out in Finale, and your midi in in your host to Midi Yoke, and you will be up and running. It works quite flawlessly, and won't interfere if you are also using Giga or something else simultaneously.
    Enjoy!

There really were some good sounds in this set, considering its diminutive size (which is actually a good thing if RAM is a problem... and isn't it always?)... maybe I should pull it out again... heh

Hi jc5,
    thanks to reply me.
    Sorry I have found the router, I have installed it, but I cannot setting it.
    I start setting finale out ( I choose maple midi port 1, 2,3,4 for the 64 finale midi channels).
    Now what i have to choice in cubase VST/32?
    and what I have to choice in midi-ox?
    many thanks,
    sorry but I am new in this field.
    best regards
    Beach

No problem, I am happy to lend a hand. I can tell you, it was quit a trial figuring all this out for myself at the time!
    Yes, in Finale set your Midi out ports to Midi Yoke, and then Cubase also set your Midi in ports to the corresponding Midi Yoke ports. Having done that things should be working.

Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Hi to everyone.
    Just a thing.
    Thanks.
    Beach
    The sounds are available on the old Roland sample library discs, in higher quality versions. If you can hunt those down (difficult at this point) you could translate them to giga or whatever.

Just curious. Are you referring to the ones that were at the Li'l Chips Roland archive? (Basically the Roland 50, 550, and 760 floppy samples) There was a guy selling those on Ebay. I've got them around here somewhere, might even be translated to Giga.

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by jc5
    You will need a simple freeware program called Midi Yoke (do a search and you will find it).
    I would recommend Xlutop Chainer, it's free, so you can use google to find that.

Go Back to forum