• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any expert Sibelius users?

Share/Bookmark

Any expert Sibelius users?

This is probably not the right place for this question, but perhaps there are some experienced Sibelius users who know how to do this trick.

How can one get Sibelius to change clefs mid-measure? Look at this Debussy example. How would one go about doing this in Sibelius? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

LouisD

Re: Any expert Sibelius users?

I do not quite understand your question, because at first glance this seams to be very easy to do with Sibelius. Just create a new key and drag it where you like it to start it's action. I will try myself (I use Sibelius every day since about 6 years) just to make sure I did not say something wrong.

Iwan

EDIT: I just did write your example in Sibelius. If you tell me how to put a graphic in a post, I will post it.....

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    This is probably not the right place for this question, but perhaps there are some experienced Sibelius users who know how to do this trick.

How can one get Sibelius to change clefs mid-measure? Look at this Debussy example. How would one go about doing this in Sibelius? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

LouisD
    Just do create-clef-(pick your clef) and then click your mouse between the notes where you want the clef to be.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Well, I'm sorry if this seemed like a very silly question, but everytime I create the clef and click the mouse, the clef moves to the end of the previous bar, and it sticks there. I WILL not sit in between the notes. So, maybe its just me missing something VERY obvious.

Thanks anyway for the replies

LouisD

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD

Thanks

LouisD
    Louis:

Why didn't you just keep the bass notes at the beginning in the BASS clef? I'm assuming the bottom stave is the bass clef. So, why do they have to be placed in the TREBLE? (Unless they are different instruments or something like that). In that way, you could proceed and place the rest of the notes (all of them) in the TREBLE and have NO NEED to change clefs at all. Or, am I missing something?

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Louis:

Why didn't you just keep the bass notes at the beginning in the BASS clef? I'm assuming the bottom stave is the bass clef. So, why do they have to be placed in the TREBLE? (Unless they are different instruments or something like that). In that way, you could proceed and place the rest of the notes (all of them) in the TREBLE and have NO NEED to change clefs at all. Or, am I missing something?

John
    Sorry Louis:

I see now that it is a Debussy example. Read your message too hurriedly. Probably today, he might have scored it differently with the above suggestion only using l.h and r.h to annotate the division of hands.

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

very easy to do in Sibelius just add grace notes and drag them so they fit properly you can had a cleff anywhere you want you will need to use two voices that's about it. also you will have to go to note stems. I think that's all you would need

Louis D:

How did you get the manuscript portion of your problem onto the list? I didn't think we were allowed "attachments?" Was it some kind of insertion technique?

Just curious because it was really effective.

John

""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Go Back to forum