• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help me please....

Share/Bookmark

Help me please....

I have two things which I would loke to do concerning the forum, but I do not know how....

1. Change my name from IGOR to my real name. I do feel personally the fact that someone can hide behind a username, some kind of disturbing side of the Internet. I prefer be taking full responsability of my writings; Just my personal opinion of course and I would be interested to hear some other opinions about this.

2. How can I insert a graphic in a post? There have been some very interesting posts about music theory, but without being able to put some score examples, I found it difficult to make a clear point.

Iwan

Thumbs up Re: Help me please....

Iwan,
    I do appreciate your desire to be open but you shouldn't worry too much about it. I visited your website (holly cow what a studio! Love the view is that the ocean?) and your name is as plain as day. I think most if not all of us on this forum understand and respect people if they choose to remain hidden or are open about their identity. This is a forum of very intelligent musicians, developers, and just plain crazy people. Be that it may, I am sure someone will help you to change your nickname.
    Nice to have you aboard and I love your homepage!
    Styxx

Re: Help me please....

One of my fellow modern style music composers! You could create a signature with your actual name on it like I have.

If you put the images on your site, I am fairly certain I am looking at an add image button up there. Let me try it....

....I even got fancy and added a link to my website. I am a genius! (An evil genius... HAHAHAHAHA!)
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Jess, that IS awesomely clever of you and YES you are truly talented. (even if it is in an evil way )
    Styxx

Red face Re: Help me please....

This is all great.......BUT, I STILL DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.
    I think I had a false opinion about myself, I am probably not a genius.....

Iwan

First upload the JPG image to your website and make note of the link to the actual image.

When you post the reply look at the tools above the text field. You will see a little button that is yellow and looks like a mountain and sun. It is below and slightly to the right of the "Size" option. If you click it a window will pop up. Just put the link for your image there.

Make sure the link is complete like: http://www.fupduckonline.com/tigerlily.html

Note that it has the "http://". Click "Preview Post" to make sure it is okay.

To do your signature, click "My Profile" on the menubar below the GPO ad. There is an option for "Edit Signature" and it should be self-explanatory.

Hope this helps.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic
    First upload the JPG image to your website and make note of the link to the actual image.

When you post the reply look at the tools above the text field. You will see a little button that is yellow and looks like a mountain and sun. It is below and slightly to the right of the "Size" option. If you click it a window will pop up. Just put the link for your image there.

Make sure the link is complete like: http://www.fupduckonline.com/tigerlily.html

Note that it has the "http://". Click "Preview Post" to make sure it is okay.

To do your signature, click "My Profile" on the menubar below the GPO ad. There is an option for "Edit Signature" and it should be self-explanatory.

Hope this helps.
    Hi,

Thank you so much, you should write the manual for the NNS forum (NSS for Dummies, of course) Now I feel like a genius again.....

Exxxxxcellent!
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Iwan,
    I do appreciate your desire to be open but you shouldn't worry too much about it. I visited your website (holly cow what a studio! Love the view is that the ocean?)
    As a matter of fact it is the Mediteraneen see, but doesn't matter it's all salted water.....

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    and your name is as plain as day. I think most if not all of us on this forum understand and respect people if they choose to remain hidden or are open about their identity. This is a forum of very intelligent musicians, developers, and just plain crazy people. Be that it may, I am sure someone will help you to change your nickname.
    Nice to have you aboard and I love your homepage!
    Thanks for all the good words. Please do understand me right: I did never had any problems with people hiding behind nicknames ON THIS FORUM. The problem is more global on the Internet. I do have three teenagers at home and with the Microsoft Messenger there are very big problems about people communicating with false personal profiles.

Iwan

Quote Originally Posted by IGOR
    I have two things which I would loke to do concerning the forum, but I do not know how....

1. Change my name from IGOR to my real name. I do feel personally the fact that someone can hide behind a username, some kind of disturbing side of the Internet. I prefer be taking full responsability of my writings; Just my personal opinion of course and I would be interested to hear some other opinions about this.

2. How can I insert a graphic in a post? There have been some very interesting posts about music theory, but without being able to put some score examples, I found it difficult to make a clear point.

Iwan
    Iwan,

Jesse gave good instructions on inserting images and is now dubbed the forum splanerman. I'm not sure how you can change screen names and I'll ask the administrators. It may be easier just to make another account with your new name and put IGOR to rest.

Gary Garritan

Let's see Dr. Frankenstein: "You will see a little button that is yellow and looks like a mountain and sun. It is below and slightly to the right of the "Size" option. If you click it a window will pop up. Just put the link for your image there."

Bye IGOR!

Go Back to forum