• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hello to GPO

Hello to GPO

I just purchased GPO and am waiting for delivery. The demo material on the Garritan site is just amazing (and was one of the main things that seperated me from my 249 euros ), hard to believe that it is computer generated. For the past year, I have been experimenting with using the computer for audio recording (mostly guitar). I currently use a program called Traction. I am really looking forward to trying my hand at midi orchestration. I did composition in college, (mostly small ensemble and electronic), and am excited at the prospect of actually being able to construct ideas for full orchestra with realistic sounds (computers and sampling have come a long way in 15 years). I looked into some other options, but for the money GPO seemed far superior to anything else on the market.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to sharing some of my music with this community in the future.

Re: Hello to GPO

Welcome!! We're glad to have you!!

NW Illinois

Welcome Robert,

You'll love GPO. Be sure to check out the GPO/Tracktion tutorial.

Can't wait to hear your music.

Good to have you aboard Robert. I think you'll be very pleased with your decision. I use GPO and Tracktion with much success and I'm always around if you need a hand. The tutorial linked to above is very good for getting the two set up to work together.

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Hello to GPO

Welco me Robertb!
    You're nuthhs! Your Cwazy! Why would you want to become one of us! Just take a good look around! There is one person who thinks he's a computer wizard. Another who thinks he's a comedian. Another that never shows up. One other that makes soooo many demos we had to start another archive! Then there is Flex Luthier. The notorious evil villain that has stolen the morphed Stradivari Violin Technology! But hey, we can't dance but the food is fresh! Over there you will find updates free to GPO and over there you can find tutorials on just about every thing but how to butter corn! Pizza is not my favorite food but cheery pie is my favorite desert! Gary Garritan is a myth but don't tell him that cause he truly believes he is here. Me? I'm just a lawnmower you can tell me by the way I walk!

Welcome aboard Robert!
    You will have a blast with GPO, it is so fun!

Orcas Island

Welcome to the GPO community. Glad you are with us.

Tracktion is a terrific sequencer and doesn't get the publicity it deserves. Hope to be developing a Tracktion page with songfiles, tips and resources in the future.

Looking forward to hearing your music.

Gary Garritan

now that the moderators have been and gone. i'll say hallo too.

mick ˇ c

Welcome! I look forward to hearing some of your music!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

First of all, Welcome Robert!!!!!!
    Can't wait to hear you masterpieces you create using GPO!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Tracktion is a terrific sequencer and doesn't get the publicity it deserves. Hope to be developing a Tracktion page with songfiles, tips and resources in the future.

Gary Garritan
    Gary - About the Tracktion page - If you need ANYTHING with that I would be happy to help! (I know that I am a relative newbie at Tracktion, and certainly not as knowledgable as JB or Shazbot, but I have already done a LOT of stuff using a VARIETY of little tricks and nonesense with it and am almost as enthusastic about it as I am the GPO - to me they are almost a perfect marriage - as long as it is not using GPO studio with it, but the GPO as VST is great.) I am just finishing up a ballet I did in Tracktion with GPO.

Anyway - let me know!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Go Back to forum