• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Online Score/Sheet Music Stores?

Share/Bookmark

Online Score/Sheet Music Stores?

Hey gang,

Looking for a website selling currant sheet music, particularly interested in "The Village" score by James Newton Howard.

I've googled but had no luck in finding "The Village", of course I didn't go through all of the thousands of hits. If anyone knows of any online stores that sell printable or physical scores, could you post the links here?

Thanks in advance.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: Online Score/Sheet Music Stores?

For filmscore sheet music I usually go here.........

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/

Did a quick search and they don't seem to have it. Maybe it's just not been published. They do sell all the JW signature edition scores though, which are really hard to get hold of here in the UK.

Steve

Thanks Steve - yeah I saw that site yesterday. Thanks for your help - hopefully it will be published soon. I am not a big fan of 95% of film scores but this one captured me, I want to do some mock-ups of it.

20 Things

Hi Alan - I've already looked for this too and was unable to find it yet.

Isn't that a fabulous score? I was very happy to hear that it got an Oscar nomination. And Hilary Hahn's performance is absolutely fantastic.

I discovered the music first (because it was JNH) and the film second.

Seq -

I discovered them at the same time. I rented the DVD and was watching and listening without blinking. It was the first film score that ever sounded like something I would aspire to write. And heard through headphones while the film flashed on my LCD screen on the compy in the dark - it was breath taking.

Hilary Hahn's playing is perfect, and her site is pretty cool too, the fan art section made me laugh.

Can't wait for the printed version to be released, the mock-ups will be fun indeed.

20 Things

Such a mock-up will be especially interesting if you plan on looking into the Garritan Stradivari that will be coming out.

I'm wondering if it might be worth asking about this at one of the sheet music shops.

Thumbs up Re: Online Score/Sheet Music Stores?

Speaking of hard to find scores. How about Christopher Young's Murder in the First. I have been trying to buy that CD for years and I believe it is no longer in print.

There is a scene in that movie where the most beautiful and mournful strings swell up - I remember turning into the Dice Man (Andrew Dice Clay) and saying to myself, " Madonn', look at me! I'm cryin' like a chic!!"

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS CD??
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    Speaking of hard to find scores. How about Christopher Young's Murder in the First. I have been trying to buy that CD for years and I believe it is no longer in print.

There is a scene in that movie where the most beautiful and mournful strings swell up - I remember turning into the Dice Man (Andrew Dice Clay) and saying to myself, " Madonn', look at me! I'm cryin' like a chic!!"

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS CD??
    No details, so it could be a 'songs' album rather than score, but....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...799312-9413427

Steve

Edit : Actually the first seller confirms it is Christopher Young's score

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rees
    No details, so it could be a 'songs' album rather than score, but....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...799312-9413427

Steve

Edit : Actually the first seller confirms it is Christopher Young's score
    Yes...that is the score and it is one of the most beautiful scores ever written for film in my opinion. The CD is hard to find because it is not only now out of print...but was only made and released in France.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Wait - so it's the sheet music and not the CD?
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum