• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I'm so glad to finally be part of GPO!

Share/Bookmark

I'm so glad to finally be part of GPO!

Yo everyone, I'm Steve Main from San Francisco, and I am WAY THRILLED to finally be posting onto this site (I'm an AOL user - aargh - and have had 3 months worth of headaches trying to get to the point where I could finally post/reply to this board -- basically I've had to read all your posts with envy). Finally after doing who knows what to my cookies and settings, I seem to have gotten on -- probably a fluke and I won't be able to tomorrow.

Anyway, I am so amazed by GPO, and by this community. Thanks to GPO I just finished a 30-minute cantata for choir and chamber orchestra, and was able to make demo CDs as well (I just sent a copy of the score/CD to Gary Garritan himself, by way of thanks).

Hopefully a GPO choir is on the horizon for all us folks who write for choir and orchestra. Also, since I'm a professional organist, if I can help anybody with organ-questions, please contact me!

This is a great community -- I've loved the conversations so far. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the cookie-problems at bay!

Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com

Re: I'm so glad to finally be part of GPO!

hmmm.. anyone who says "way thrilled" can't be bad.

any chance of me, a bad fecker who doesn't own a company, could get a look in at the score? i just like reading scores..

what format is it in? i'd like to hear your cantate too.
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Welcome! I'm glad you finally got your computer to let you post, this is a great forum. I hope you will share some of your music!

Sean
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Hey to all -- I really appreciate that... I'd love to post some of the audio files of the recent piece -- Do I just post them to this site? I'm also happy to send the score to whomever would like it...

Remember, though, that the choral part is on piano -- a little weird -- but otherwise the other instruments sound great, thanks to GPO.

Steve Main

Most members have a website they upload their mp3's too, and then post a link in the demo section.

However, if you don't have your own website, you could use some free services that exist on the net (Amazon.com has one), or you could just ask someone else on the forum (many would be glad to help) to host them on their server. For example, I have a bunch of free space on my server, so you could always email me.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Welcome Steve,
    I know what you mean about the AOL thing. I used to have it so I feel your pain

It's great that you are able to hang out here with us GPO lovers!

DPDAN

Thumbs up Re: I'm so glad to finally be part of GPO!

Heeeeeyyyyyy SSSSTEEEEEVVVVEEEEE!!!!!!
    Welcome to our fantastic bombastic cronoastic plastic waxtic music forum community and heck yeah~we're itching to hear your music!
    AOL you say? Well, unfortunately you are not alone. I think you and I are just about the only two people who use the retched lousy poor excuse for an Internet provider! (my wife and kids love it)
    Nice to meet you Steve and a warm welcome from a cold Northern State neighbor!
    Styxx

Glad to see you here Steve, sorry I couldn't be of more assistance when you were trying to log in before.

Post some songs, listen to some as well... Sit back and enjoy the show.

Steve,

Welcome, Steve, from Steve. Can't have too many Steves.

Steve
    Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    www.stevegoers.com

Hey, thanks to all for the kind welcome... Here's a question: I think it's time for me to have my own webpage. Is there any particularly helpful/reputable place I should go to get my own domain name and hopefully make up a not-too-amateurish-looking webpage? I don't know much about this stuff, but surely I could get help. My main use would be in having my music available for listening. Any feedback is appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com

Go Back to forum