• Register
  • Help

Topic: More questions on Choir Samples and GPO

Share/Bookmark

More questions on Choir Samples and GPO

Hi all again, now that I know how to post to this board, I'm dying to ask all the questions I've had all along!

Maybe someone can tell me: if I were to purchase a choral library like VOTA, could I simply open it from within the GPO as simply another instrument? And then could I use the "capture to audio" with it? I'm kinda dumb about cubasis and all that, and so I'm really looking for something that would function right from within GPO (which I use in conjunction with Finale 2005). As of now, I have to use piano to play the choral parts in my music.

I'd really appreciate any help and feedback!

Steve Main

Re: More questions on Choir Samples and GPO

Steve,

There's no such thing as a dumb question. You would need a separate sample player like the Giga studio or full version of Kontakt to use the VOTA library. Only the GPO samples can be used with the included GPO Kontakt player. I don't know if the full version of Kontakt would show up as a midi output in Finale. Even if it did, I don't think you could use GPO Studio to record it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Steve,

There's no such thing as a dumb question. You would need a separate sample player like the Giga studio or full version of Kontakt to use the VOTA library. Only the GPO samples can be used with the included GPO Kontakt player. I don't know if the full version of Kontakt would show up as a midi output in Finale. Even if it did, I don't think you could use GPO Studio to record it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Jeff
    Thanks, Jeff, that's kinda what I was afraid of... so I guess the best thing to do will be to wait until GPO comes out with an onboard choral sound?

hey,

i can tell you that the full version of Kontakt does not show up in Sibelius, and i imagine the same would be true for finale 2005, but of course I don't know for sure.

I've heard excellent things about gigastudio, whatever version.

But, of course, email every company you need to find out exactly what you need.

Rob.
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Thumbs up Re: More questions on Choir Samples and GPO

Thanks, Jeff, that's kinda what I was afraid of... so I guess the best thing to do will be to wait until GPO comes out with an onboard choral sound?
    And worth the wait it shall be! I've never thought I would be so patient as I am with Garritan products. For once I can feel confident in the quality of the product I spend my money on.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum