• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "The RedBug Rag"

Share/Bookmark

Talking "The RedBug Rag"

Music Lovers,

This is my "RedBug Rag".

For those who don't know, "Redbug" is a slang term for a tiny mite that can cause much misery if it gets on your skin. It is also known as a "Chigger".

GPO piano and GPO solo clarinet

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...ed+Bug+Rag.mp3

Scratchingly yours,

Larry A.

Re: "The RedBug Rag"

I swear I smile when I here your stuff Larry!

DP

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I swear I smile when I hear your stuff Larry!

DP

Thanks...I guess.

Larry A.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Thanks...I guess.

Larry A.

Your music makes me happy Larry, so me smiles

DPDAN

Did you use the 'honky tonk' piano multi on this song? I would have hardly recognized the piano as GPO's if you hadn't mentioned it in the post. That's a compliment, by the way, I love how it sounds in this song.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Did you use the 'honky tonk' piano multi on this song? I would have hardly recognized the piano as GPO's if you hadn't mentioned it in the post. That's a compliment, by the way, I love how it sounds in this song.

No, I just used the regular piano. I wasn't aware that there was a "honky tonk" sample available. How do I access it?

Regards,

Larry A.

You go down to your local Texas watering hole, have a few too many, and sit down at the piano I believe Joseph was having you on--maybe honkey tonk piano will be part of the jazz update I liked the piano too, but as an old clarinet player, please give the lickerish stick a fighting chance! The piano is so loud it sounds like the clarinet is in the back room of the bar.

No I was serious. In the update there is a multi for a honky tonk piano. That's what the piano in this piece reminded me of.

Thumbs up Re: "The RedBug Rag"

Scott Joplin would have been proud Larry. Your music is certainly unique and special. I like the rhythmic treatment of the left hand at points it almost sound like a polyrhythmic 2 against 3 happening. I'm trying to catch what you did there (not the bug mind you).
    As always Larry your music is like the first day of the last day or the one day that that day was like when the first day the snow melted and it was the day that the ground hog lifted his head and said, "screw this, I'm going back to bed!"
    Gee, I'm feeling a might bit itchy after listening to this.
    Styxx

Thanks, boys...I 'preciate y'all takin' a listen.

I will certainly have to check out the GPO honky tonk piano. I will use it in some of my future classical works.

Regards to all,

Larry A.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast