• Register
  • Help

Topic: Late to the party, Q about RMX

Share/Bookmark

Late to the party, Q about RMX

Are Stylus RMX's presets backward compatible with the original Stylus?
    Meaning my saved songs will recall the right patches after upgrading to RMX.

Thanks,

Regis

Wink Re: Late to the party, Q about RMX

I don't think thats the case, as RMX is different product.

But others will perhaps know more!!

Re: Late to the party, Q about RMX

I think RMX contains all of the Stylus loops and sounds but I'm not sure if the presets will recall from Stylus sequences. You gotta figure that as far as the computer and your sequencer are concerned, those are completely different products even though they do contain the same sounds.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Hi.

RMX and Classic Stylus are two completely different programs from a programming standpoint. RMX will not load in Classic's place if Classic is removed and RMX does not open Classic "patches". You can have both programs installed and running at the same time if you like. The computer sees them as different products, each with their own discreet sound sets.

If you need to refer back to older songs, then I would keep Classic Stylus installed. However, if you never have to go back to old songs, then it's totally up to you. All the content from Classic Stylus is included in RMX.

Cheers.
    -gabe

Quote Originally Posted by RaGe
    Are Stylus RMX's presets backward compatible with the original Stylus?
    Meaning my saved songs will recall the right patches after upgrading to RMX.
    not right away, but after some tweaking they do

You will need to find the location of the patches you used in your songs manually.

But after that you can enhance by applying chaos and effects so it's worth doing.

Thanks guys! I guess I'll keep Classic installed as well.

Go Back to forum