• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does it disk-stream .gig files

Share/Bookmark

Does it disk-stream .gig files

I know that Kontakt can import .gig files, but does it work like Giga in dis streaming? Or does it just load everything into heavy ram?

Re: Does it disk-stream .gig files

As long as you have downloaded and installed the DFD (direct from disc) feature, and have it enabled, it will dis-stream the imported gig files just as it does Kontakt files.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Unless you've turned it off in the DFD settings that is. Of course, Kontakt doesn't really import the Gig files does it? It just converts them when you try to load one. At least that's what happens every time I load a gig file.

Okay, I'm also wondering what kind of requirments it has? Does it need a GSIF sound card to use the .gig files or disk streaming?

No. No GSIF card needed for gig import into Kontakt. You just need the DFD extension and the DFD needs to be active for Giga import.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Unless you've turned it off in the DFD settings that is. Of course, Kontakt doesn't really import the Gig files does it? It just converts them when you try to load one. At least that's what happens every time I load a gig file.

You can do a batch command within Kontakt and convert all of your Giga files to Kontakt in one fell swoop. Then, of course, another conversion won't be necessary each time you load a sample.

Larry A.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    You can do a batch command within Kontakt and convert all of your Giga files to Kontakt in one fell swoop. Then, of course, another conversion won't be necessary each time you load a sample.

Larry A.
    How do you do this using Kontakt? On theleft there is a browser thing and when I get to the .gig it says beside it "Gigasampler file" but how do i load/convert?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne{
    How do you do this using Kontakt? On theleft there is a browser thing and when I get to the .gig it says beside it "Gigasampler file" but how do i load/convert?
    Click Tools/Giga Batch Conversion. It's pretty much self-explanatory from that point on.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander

Thanks

Go Back to forum