• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: Does it disk-stream .gig files

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Does it disk-stream .gig files

    I know that Kontakt can import .gig files, but does it work like Giga in dis streaming? Or does it just load everything into heavy ram?

  2. #2

    Re: Does it disk-stream .gig files

    As long as you have downloaded and installed the DFD (direct from disc) feature, and have it enabled, it will dis-stream the imported gig files just as it does Kontakt files.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

    20 Things

  3. #3

    Re: Does it disk-stream .gig files

    Unless you've turned it off in the DFD settings that is. Of course, Kontakt doesn't really import the Gig files does it? It just converts them when you try to load one. At least that's what happens every time I load a gig file.

  4. #4

    Re: Does it disk-stream .gig files

    Okay, I'm also wondering what kind of requirments it has? Does it need a GSIF sound card to use the .gig files or disk streaming?

  5. #5

    Re: Does it disk-stream .gig files

    No. No GSIF card needed for gig import into Kontakt. You just need the DFD extension and the DFD needs to be active for Giga import.

  6. #6

    Re: Does it disk-stream .gig files

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Unless you've turned it off in the DFD settings that is. Of course, Kontakt doesn't really import the Gig files does it? It just converts them when you try to load one. At least that's what happens every time I load a gig file.

    You can do a batch command within Kontakt and convert all of your Giga files to Kontakt in one fell swoop. Then, of course, another conversion won't be necessary each time you load a sample.

    Larry A.

  7. #7

    Re: Does it disk-stream .gig files

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    You can do a batch command within Kontakt and convert all of your Giga files to Kontakt in one fell swoop. Then, of course, another conversion won't be necessary each time you load a sample.

    Larry A.
    How do you do this using Kontakt? On theleft there is a browser thing and when I get to the .gig it says beside it "Gigasampler file" but how do i load/convert?

  8. #8

    Re: Does it disk-stream .gig files

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne{
    How do you do this using Kontakt? On theleft there is a browser thing and when I get to the .gig it says beside it "Gigasampler file" but how do i load/convert?
    Click Tools/Giga Batch Conversion. It's pretty much self-explanatory from that point on.

    Regards,

    Larry G. Alexander

  9. #9

    Re: Does it disk-stream .gig files

    Thanks

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •