• Register
  • Help

Topic: Huatabampo?

Share/Bookmark

Huatabampo?

Well, this should probably be guitar and trumpet instead of piano and trumpet, but two things interfere: I don't seem to have a GPO guitar, and even if I had one, I am somewhat short on confidence when it comes to guitar notation, mostly because of guitar technique, down really low on my list of skills. It is quite obvious that the piano accompaniment was written with a guitar or two in mind.

Huatabampo
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/mp3/4/3/4/43495.mp3

Richard

Re: Huatabampo?

Bravo hombre! A little mariachi combined with good old gay 90's cornet solo. It's great to hear some virtuoso trumpet work here; it's all too rare these days.

Quote Originally Posted by danveach
    Bravo hombre! A little mariachi combined with good old gay 90's cornet solo. It's great to hear some virtuoso trumpet work here; it's all too rare these days.
    I just replaced the mp3 file, retaining the GPO trumpet, but replaced the piano part with a guitar from my JV 1010. It really was screaming for a guitar, or so it seemed to me. Happy that you liked it.

Richard

Yes, the guitar is a big improvement, especially for the ending. I can see you in your chaps with the silver what-cha-macallits and a big sombrero

This is great! Nice to have works that uplift your spirits and I tell you this just added to the way I feel on Fridays, happy! Thanks for sharing!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by danveach
    Yes, the guitar is a big improvement, especially for the ending. I can see you in your chaps with the silver what-cha-macallits and a big sombrero
    Well, I just took a photo wearing my mariachi sombrero and playing my cornet in front of a redwood. But I can't figure out how to post it here, or get it to a decent size for my profile! Adobe Photo Deluxe refuses to run on this machine!

Richard

Go Back to forum