• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    All,

    I cannot get the GPO keyswitches to work within the full version of Kontakt (ver. 1.5.3). Is this a known issue or bug? Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, do you know if there is a solution?

    My sequencer is Sonar 3.

    Thanks in advance,

    Larry Alexander

  2. #2

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    All,

    I cannot get the GPO keyswitches to work within the full version of Kontakt (ver. 1.5.3). Is this a known issue or bug? Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, do you know if there is a solution?

    My sequencer is Sonar 3.

    Thanks in advance,

    Larry Alexander

    I have a similar question/complaint. Upgrading to Kontakt yeilded a number of benefits, not least of which is midi controller independence for all 16 multitimbral patches as well as other advantages not related to GPO. But I feel a bit let down at the loss of keyswitch range display within the Kontakt keyboard mapping (Alexander the keyswitches are working for me in Sonar 3 and now in Sonar 4.) My problem is that the absence of marked KS range forces me to remember where they are for each instrument patch - needless to say I invariably forget and I am slowed down considerably and frustrated by the amount of time I spend sorting these out. Is there a way to make these within Kontakt or perhaps update the library so the keyswitch map is shown?

    Thanks,
    Gordon

  3. #3

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    No. Its something internal in Kontakt and has nothing to do with GPO's programming. In all the time I've spent in Kontakt's editor, I haven't found a way to display keyswitches without a lot of hassle, and am too perturbed that I have to remember them since Giga, VSampler, etc. display them readily on the screen. Maybe Kontakt 2 will address this.

  4. #4

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    No. Its something internal in Kontakt and has nothing to do with GPO's programming. In all the time I've spent in Kontakt's editor, I haven't found a way to display keyswitches without a lot of hassle, and am too perturbed that I have to remember them since Giga, VSampler, etc. display them readily on the screen. Maybe Kontakt 2 will address this.

    Thanks Joseph. Let's hope that this is addressed in Kontakt 2 or at least in one of the incremental updates. Could be yet another reason to spring for it, eh?

    I do find that my infrequent use of GPO is as much of a problem as the lack of KS markers. If I have not worked in GPO for a while I am a bit lost. However, if I spend several hours continuously using it, I know where the KS are and it's easy. Though, I am still surprised that there appears to be no custom feature for marking KS keys on the pianoroll in each track within Sonar 4. I guess it would be wise to print out the KS mapping for future reference.

    Thanks again for your superb tutorials. They have been very helpful.

    Cheers,
    Gordon

  5. #5

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    I am wondering if the issue of KS display has been fixed in Kontakt 2.

    Thanks,
    Gordon

  6. #6

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    KeySwitches are pink in K2. Well, at least some of them are. The Harpsichord KS from the "5. Keyboards" folder does not appear to have any KeySwitches at all. They don't show and they don't work. But, other instruments do have pink KS's that work.

    EDIT: The Harpsichord KS's do show and work, but above the instruments range. Weird!

  7. #7

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Yep. They're pink and if the library is programmed for K2, you can have it display what the keyswitch is in a box on the bottom left of the UI.

  8. #8

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    I finally got Kontakt 2 and I am trying out GPO but am having trouble. Much to my chagrin the Keyswitchs do not appear on the K2 keyboard for any of the KS patches. I must conclude that my copy of GPO is not programmed for K2. How do I accomplish the conversion? I have installed the July 2005 update and the K2 2.1.1 update (2.1.1 is the latest version, I assume.)

    Thanks,
    Gordon

  9. #9

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonSauve
    I finally got Kontakt 2 and I am trying out GPO but am having trouble. Much to my chagrin the Keyswitchs do not appear on the K2 keyboard for any of the KS patches. I must conclude that my copy of GPO is not programmed for K2. How do I accomplish the conversion? I have installed the July 2005 update and the K2 2.1.1 update (2.1.1 is the latest version, I assume.)
    I just tried loading many of the GPO KS instruments into K2 and the keyswitches were displayed in their correct locations for both standard and notation versions (of course, the notation keyswitches are located at the very bottom of the range of the keyboard - out of sight when looking at the range of the instrument.) My only suggestion is that you make sure you are looking in the correct octave location for the particular version you have loaded.

    While we are on the subject of GPO in K2, be sure to read the caveats in the sticky here: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=36092

    Tom

  10. #10

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Another thing to observe: you must select the instrument in the rack (it is selected when enclosed in a yellow rectangle), before you can see its keyboard layout. If a non-KS instrument has been selected, no KeySwitches will appear.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •