• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Works of the GPO Competition?

Share/Bookmark

Works of the GPO Competition?

Hello,
    when and where can I find the works of the artists?

Metuschelach

Re: Works of the GPO Competition?

It would be interresting to hear the works of Richard Birdsall, Kentaro Sato, William Pearson, Craig Reeves. Where can I find those?

They are being saved as far as I know, and will be released all at once.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I was thinking of waiting for the performance of the orchestra. Then we could have the GPO version and the real orchestra versions together. But if everyone wants to hear them sooner, and the entrants agree, maybe we could make the available sooner.

Gary Garritan

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I was thinking of waiting for the performance of the orchestra. Then we could have the GPO version and the real orchestra versions together. But if everyone wants to hear them sooner, and the entrants agree, maybe we could make the available sooner.

Gary Garritan
    I'd sure love to hear the top entries. The ones I've heard thus far are amazing! Can hardly wait to hear the rest.

Cool Re: Works of the GPO Competition?

Whatever happened to the idea of having a "broadcast" (countdown?) of the top 20 winners on The Composer Channel?

I think waiting for after the March performances will be too long as many folks are curious about what 20 pieces beat out their own.

my $0.02 ... KevinKauai

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    Whatever happened to the idea of having a "broadcast" (countdown?) of the top 20 winners on The Composer Channel?

I think waiting for after the March performances will be too long as many folks are curious about what 20 pieces beat out their own.
    ...<EDIT>...
    Hmmm....while I too, am anxious to hear the winning entries, I also do think that the notion of building up anticipation that will climax in March might be a worthy idea. I mean, if I were one of the top winners, I might enjoy the extra 'pizazz' of such a fanfare celebration. Letting the cat out of the bag now may water down the excitement of 'The Big Event'.
    What does anyone else think?
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

I think that it is a good idea to wait, cause the surprise will be greater then.

Metuschelach

Go Back to forum