• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can someone help with combining the samples from 2 GIG files??

Share/Bookmark

Can someone help with combining the samples from 2 GIG files??

Hi,
    Can someone help me with this?
    I have two programs of a bass drum that have been converted separately in the S-Converter into two Gig files. What I want to do is map the samples from the second program into the first program (only higher up on the keyboard). Then I can access all the sounds in one program on one midi channel. So when I open the first bass drum file, the five samples are mapped (as originally done so) starting on C3 and go to C5. When I try to import the samples from the second bass drum GIG file in order to map them onto C4-G4, I can\'t get at them. I know this has to do with them being turned into a GIG file, but aren\'t they still wav files. Shouldn\'t I be able to access them somehow? If anyone has a workaround for this, please let me know.

Also, if I assigned them to the different levels on the main gigasampler screen, would that take up an extra note of polyphony every time a pressed a key since one file would be on level 1, and one file on level 2. And further, where can I find out more abou this level button. I don\'t see it in any of the documentation.

Thanks if you can help. It seems like should be able to access the actual samples that reside in a GIG file.

Thanks again.
    Mahlon Bouldin

Re: Can someone help with combining the samples from 2 GIG files??

Unfortunatly this is not possible yet in GS :-( The only option is to export the wavesamples in one gig file and import them into the other!

The Nemesys web site mentions a utility called \'Collect\'. Anyone know how to get it?

You could bring the second .GIG into the instrument editor and export the .WAVs. Then create new regions in the first .GIG and import the samples from the second .GIG, then map them. Alternatively, you could use the Combine to Gig option when you bring in the Akai programs in the first place. This will bring in both sets of samples. It might not map them the way you want, but it\'s pretty easy to create new regions and reassign the samples.

Everything posted here is the way to do it right now and these are all workarounds. The next variation of the Editor (wich is still basically still on version 1) will offer many new features such as cut, copy and past of regions or instruments or samples that aren\'t there right now. Just use the workarounds for now and you will be real happy when these changes are made. Thanks for your patience.

Take care
    Dave of NemeSys

In the mean time, why don\'t you let us have the \'collect\' utility? What is the big deal with this?

Why is the \'collect\' util not on the Nemesys website?

Go Back to forum