• Register
  • Help

Topic: SB live ASIO driver?

SB live ASIO driver?

Hi all,
    Not sure if this question has been asked before but does anyone know where I can get ASIO driver for a SB Live Platinum 5.1? It seems that the Creative drivers are quite out of date and I am not even sure if they include ASIO drivers with the file. I was unable to get GPO to use ASIO and assumed that meant I didn't have the drivers installed.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

Re: SB live ASIO driver?

Do a google search for ASIO4ALL and KX Driver.

Thanks for that, I downloaded and installed it and it helped a lot.

I still get audio break up when using more than about 12-14 instruments, even when I mute the steinway and brass overlays. I have set my ASIO buffer to 2048 but the max allowed in GPO preferences is still 512. I've downloaded the latest Kontakt and GPO. Dunno if this helps but I have 2Gb of RAM on a P4 2.4Ghz machine with SB Live Platinum 5.1 sound card.

I guess I could simply lay down stuff track by track into an audio studio program and then re-mix everything from there, but still, it would be nice to listen to the piece in full without that effort. I am using Finale 2002 (about to upgrade to 2005) for notation.

Thanks for any suggestions or help to resolve the issues.

I dont know very much about this stuff, but last year I was having the same problem with my creative card. It turned out that I was using wet samples when I should have been using dry ones. You probably already know this, but wet samples use more resources. I didn't know this last year because I was new to computer music, but someone pointed it out to me and now its all fine.
    Sorry if you already knew this.

There we go!!!! Thanks Richard, that was also the core of my problem - I was loading wet samples - so when I had 24 instruments playing at once, my poor CPU was probably sweating a bit! Ah, well - that's a relief.

Best wishes,

Glad it worked, It took me about a month or something to solve that one lol. I was almost ready to run infront of a bus, when someone on this forum pointed that out to me.

Go Back to forum