• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: ?? GS 3 warned me that "Registration # has been updated".... ??

Share/Bookmark

?? GS 3 warned me that "Registration # has been updated".... ??

Did this happen to somebody else :
    I changed absolutely nothing in my GS PC from day x to day y.
    Yet, when I launched GS on day y, it stopped during boot-up and displayed a message like "warning : registration # has been updated. please re-register".
    ---
    I had then to send my data to the online registration center, and to wait for the reply.
    Even worse, in the meantime, GS refused to start even when I chose "cancel" in the registration process page, while it did say that I should be able to use it anyway : I actually had to wait for the new registration data and to feed GS with it for it to start working again....)
    Needless to say, the "restore" data was useless, and, when trying this, I was once again politely invited to re-register.
    ---
    I'm a bit puzzled, and worried : why in the world did this happen, why was'nt it possible to use GS during the time I expected Tascam's reply ?
    ---
    Any information on this ?
    Thanks in advance !

Question Re: ?? GS 3 warned me that "Registration # has been updated".... ??

Strange. I had this message too, but after reinstalling my DAW.

I only removed my OS harddrive and moved it to my other computer, then installed it back in my daw in order to do a clean install. No new hardware was installed, so I'm also alittle bit puzzled.

As I did the license backup after registering the first time I had to install Gs3 several times and it worked, but now?
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Re: ?? GS 3 warned me that "Registration # has been updated".... ??

I had this happen one day without making any changes on my system. Giga hung when loading. After 15 minutes of nothing happening, I rebooted the machine. When I launched Giga the next time I had this message. Could not get into the program again until after I authorized it again. This issue is pretty scary if you have clients paying!

I've had this multiple times. I reregistered 3 times. Tascam even got suspicious, saying that "this isn't typical behavior for our customers".

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    I've had this multiple times. I reregistered 3 times. Tascam even got suspicious, saying that "this isn't typical behaviour for our customers".

What? Are they crazy !??!! This is ridiculous. What does a legit user do when he want to built a DAW and has to test if every component he bought is ok ?

I sometimes do some tests if I have time, so I try some new hardware ( DVD burner, Ram and so on..),therefore I have to reregister, but if TASCAM believes that this is not a typical behaviour, then they got a problem.

How does it come that a legit user is F....d yet again??? It's not surprising that
    so many peoply outthere use pirated versions in order to avoid such things....
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    I've had this multiple times. I reregistered 3 times. Tascam even got suspicious, saying that "this isn't typical behavior for our customers".
    ----
    Thanks to all for your replies.
    Well, it seems that this is not totally uncommon after all... I guess we might live with it,
    AS LONG AS :
    - Tascam are aware of the problem, and work to fix it (I'll send a support message about this to them, although I heard that support is almost non-existing)
    - AND, most important, do not "get suspicious" because of a flaw in their software's protection scheme, which, for some reason, leaves us no other choice than re-registering....

Quote Originally Posted by sirbellog
    Did this happen to somebody else :
    I changed absolutely nothing in my GS PC from day x to day y.
    Yet, when Iaunched GS on day y, it stopped during boot-up and displayed a message like "warning : registration # has been updated. please re-register".
    ---
    I had then to send my data to the online registration center, and to wait for the reply.
    Even worse, in the meantime, GS refused to start even when I chose "cancel" in the registration process page, while it did say that I should be able to use it anyway : I actually had to wait for the new registration data and to feed GS with it for it to start working again....)
    eedless to say, the "restore" data was useless, and, when trying this, I was once again politely invited to re-register.
    ---
    I'm a bit puzzled, and worried : why in the world did this happen, why was'nt it possible to use GS during the time I expected Tascam's reply ?
    ---
    Any information on this ?
    Thanks in advance !

I haven't had this problem, but I have NEVER been able to get the backup registration to work. . .it always tells me I have to re-register, even if I install in the same machine and have made no changes.

FWIW, I haven't had the problem, and my backup registration worked fine. I've no idea what might cause this problem.

-JF

These are the sort of things that make me hesitant about upgrading or even continuing with GS.
    Kontact 2 is looking better all the time.

Cheers,
    JS

I tried to use the backup when I had the issue and it didn't work. Giga acted like I had change some hardware on my system and need a totally new authorization. They really need to fix this - major bug! Authorization issues are just another bug in this piece of software that seems to have way too many bugs.

Giga has been working decent for me after working around a couple bugs in it although Quicksound has become a problem since upgrading to 3.03 version. It only sees some libraries when I add them. Why it detects some and not others that were added the same day is very puzzling!

Talked to quite a few folks at NAMM who were very disappointed and gave up because of all the bugs. Also, talked to quite a few folks that said they wouldn't upgrade from 2.54 until the bugs were worked out.

Go Back to forum