• Register
  • Help

Topic: gst, cubase, capture, and so on...

Share/Bookmark

gst, cubase, capture, and so on...

i\'ve read all the posts concerning capture to wave in cubase vst 5, and well i can do that.

but..

like a lot of people the imported wave file is out of sync.

is there a way for me to cable my darla 24 outs to its own ins without getting feed back?

or is there an easier way to sync up individual giga to wave tracks?

is this easier in SX?

or would a second sound card help?(like MIA)

any help would be much appreciated

thanks,

asa

Re: gst, cubase, capture, and so on...

Hi, you really dont want to go through the whole digital to analog conversion and back again. Each time you do this digital artifacts will be introduced to your wav file plus any noise that exists on the card.

There is no reason why you shouldnt be able to render the file digitally. If it is a little off in timing it should be easy to align it in the sequencer when you bring it back in. Also, look under your sync options in CVubase and make sure that it is sending out midi clock. Giga should then respond as soon as you hit start on your sequencer.

Hope this helps, Scott.

How do you render the file digitally?

Right now, the only way I can figure how to use Cubase and Giga is I am connecting my outputs 3/4 (GS - outputs 1/2 for cubase) with a cable going back into inputs 1/2. Then I play the midi then in GS use the capture to wav feature.

No no no...Gigastudio has a record to wave feature that syncs up with the Cubase Start/Stop times. You hit play in cubase and the record auto starts in Gigastudio, saving/rendering the performance Cubase is playing to a wave file. It\'s all internal (all digital), no cables needed.
    -Hudson

Just to elaborate on what Hudson said, Giga will render a digital wav file to your hard drive. You then import this wav file into Cubase. Whenever possible, you want to avoid sending things out analog and back in again for reasons mentioned in my last post.

Regards, Scott.

sorry,

i started this thread then stopped checking after i figured out my main problem.

i thought that syncing up the captured wave files was alot more difficult than it acctually is.

i was trying to snap the files to beats in a bar, when it\'s really eaisier to snap to seconds at the begining of the song.

clearly i\'m no software genius.

so capture to wave it is for me!

i just wish i didn\'t have to record the entire legnth of the song for each part.

but i think that\'s just something i\'ll have to live with since cubase only sends the start comand to giga at the very beginning.

thanks for the replies!!

asa

I apologize, this is all new to me, so I want to make sure I\'m doing things right. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

But to be clear, how do I make sure I\'m doing this digitally as opposed to sending it out analog and back in. Is my current method of capturing to wav after playing the midi sending it out to analog then back in? I have a wire from outputs 3/4 back into the input so I can monitor it, since my gina24 does not allow me to monitor other than outputs 1/2.

Thanks,

Totally!! That\'s *the* major problem with the audio rendering, and a major pain in the rump. There\'s nothing worse than having a few 2 second cues in a 5 minute track and having to record the whole darn thing.
    -Hudson

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s-black:

i just wish i didn\'t have to record the entire legnth of the song for each part.

Thanks to Scott and Hudson everything is in proper order now. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum