• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sample not found error

Share/Bookmark

Sample not found error

Hi all,

I decided to move all of the "Wet Audition" patches out of the GPO Library/Instruments folder to make navigation easier when selecting instruments. Also, after doing that, I figured "Why keep the 'dry' folder -- why not put all of the dry instruments at the base level of the GPO Library/Instruments folder? That way, I can navigate directly to the instruments I want without having to go through two subfolders first.

Well, this sounded like a great idea, and it appeared to work, except now I get this really annoying error every time I try to load an instrument:

----

Sample not found

Could not find sample:

Macintosh HD: Applications: Garritan: <GPO_Library_part1.nks:Flute Solo KS

find it automatically or locate it manually?
    ----

The samples load fine if I locate the "GPO_Library_part1.nks" file manually, but it asks me this question every time I try to load an instrument. Extremely annoying -- I've tried moving the .nks files in question to various other locations, (like Applications/Garritan) but without success.

Any ideas?

Re: Sample not found error

Quote Originally Posted by Thad
    Hi all,

I decided to move all of the "Wet Audition" patches out of the GPO Library/Instruments folder to make navigation easier when selecting instruments. Also, after doing that, I figured "Why keep the 'dry' folder -- why not put all of the dry instruments at the base level of the GPO Library/Instruments folder? That way, I can navigate directly to the instruments I want without having to go through two subfolders first.

Well, this sounded like a great idea, and it appeared to work, except now I get this really annoying error every time I try to load an instrument:

----

----

The samples load fine if I locate the "GPO_Library_part1.nks" file manually, but it asks me this question every time I try to load an instrument. Extremely annoying -- I've tried moving the .nks files in question to various other locations, (like Applications/Garritan) but without success.

Any ideas?

When it first starts searching - a menu box comes up -- in there is a command to make the new location THE location.

Hope it helps

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Berg
    When it first starts searching - a menu box comes up -- in there is a command to make the new location THE location.

Hope it helps

Jerry
    Hi Jerry,

Unfortunately, not -- it seems like it should fix it, but checking that box doesn't actually change anything. I still get the "Sample not found" error every time.

I put the "Dry" folder back in place and now everything's okay. It would have been nice to get rid of that extra level of subfolder navigation, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad
    Hi Jerry,

Unfortunately, not -- it seems like it should fix it, but checking that box doesn't actually change anything. I still get the "Sample not found" error every time.

I put the "Dry" folder back in place and now everything's okay. It would have been nice to get rid of that extra level of subfolder navigation, but oh well.
    Thad,

Best not to move things around to different folders once installed. The Kontakt Player is looking for the samples where it was previously installed and the issues the "sample not found error". You should get a prompt to locate the samples and when you do, therre is a check boc to find all samples in the new location. If you have not done so already, make sure you have installe the latest Kontakt Player update which has a better find feature.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum