• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Some NAMM & CES Pictures

Share/Bookmark

Some NAMM & CES Pictures

Here are a few pictures from the CES show in Vegas and the NAMM show in Anaheim.

Eric from Synful at our main NAMM booth. Notice the fashion statements with our spiffy tee-shirts...

Reinhold Behringer conducting Tom Hopkins in a yodeling session.

Doyle Donehoo at the GPO booth making sure an attendee doesn't walk off with Paul Gilreath's "Guide to MIDI Orchestration" and Francis Ellen's "The Samplist"

Jeff and Jon Fairhurst at CES making a serious fashion statement.

Buzz around the booths at CES

Phil Ramone, Elliot Scheiner, Al Schmitt, Frank Filipetti, George Massenburg and Ed Cherney meeting behind the GPO Booth (discussing the strange disappearance of trout and the buyout of GPO).

My limo wisking me to the CES Studio@Home Showcase (my other car is a Gremlin).

I'll try to post some more soon.

Talking Re: Some NAMM & CES Pictures

very nice pictures Gary!
    .. but I want a picture of you smiling!!!

Re: Some NAMM & CES Pictures

Thanks for the look see Gary. Good to see you with Eric Lindemann....Now that could be some alliance.....Hmmmmm....Thinks......

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Tom Hopkins in a yodeling session...
    Well, then you better not get Tom and I in the same room, my doctor said I need to stay away from yodueling for at least the next six months after the last tragedy...

Great pics Gary!

OT: Gary, how do you keep your GPO Tee so non-faded, I've worn mine so much you can barely read it anymore - lol - I'll have to ask Maryann if I'm using the wrong fabric softener or something...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Talking Re: Some NAMM & CES Pictures

Thank you for the pics Gary, by the way, Is that George Lucas filming in the fifth picture down ? LOL

Hey Jon my Friend,

You looks like a "Seriuse" Gentelman!!..

Congrats!!.

D.M
    "God is Love"

Thank you for the pictures Gary!

DPDan

While we were discussing my request to render his MIDI file of Ravel's Pavane using GPO, the man himself, Reinhold Behringer told me he was going to NAMM. One of the main reasons was to see and hear GPO. Nice to see he made it, and he's still skinny after all these years.

Folks, Reinhold was rendering MIDI and his own MIDI compositions to WAV even before I was - we were mostly in ROM-based synths and Soundfonts were just coming on the scene big.

stevemitchell

Quote Originally Posted by D.Montesinos
    Hey Jon my Friend,

You looks like a "Seriuse" Gentelman!!..

Congrats!!.

D.M
    The one picture of me on the forum, and I'm in a suit! I guess it matches my avitar. (The photo is of the Umbrella Man Statue in Portland's Pioneer Courthouse Square.)

My excuse is that I was at CES for my employer, and that I had to visit with people more important than I am. I'm not really that serious! Seriously!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMitchell
    While we were discussing my request to render his MIDI file of Ravel's Pavane using GPO, the man himself, Reinhold Behringer told me he was going to NAMM. One of the main reasons was to see and hear GPO. Nice to see he made it, and he's still skinny after all these years.

Folks, Reinhold was rendering MIDI and his own MIDI compositions to WAV even before I was - we were mostly in ROM-based synths and Soundfonts were just coming on the scene big.

stevemitchell
    Reinhold is one of the unsung pioneers to digital orchestration. He was an inspiration for me year ago when doing GOS. It was great to meet him.

Gary Garritan

PS: Steve, will you be at the Texas Music Eductors Conference next week?

Go Back to forum