• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there a controller to switch between stacked instruments?

Share/Bookmark

Question Is there a controller to switch between stacked instruments?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been through the help file several times and can't find a reference to midi control over which stacked instrument is active. Surely you don't have hit the solo button in GS3, do you?

Re: Is there a controller to switch between stacked instruments?

I'm not sure I get your question. I see a couple of possibilities:

1) Load stacked instruments on channels 1 and 2. When the controller sends notes to channel 1 the first plays, sending to channel 2 plays the second.

2) Load two stacked instruments into memory. Do a program change to the bank and program of the first (something like bank 8192, program 0), then do a program change to play the second (maybe bank 8192, program 1).

Does that cover it, or did I misunderstand?

-JF

What if you have a single program like Vintaudio C7 that run's PD on Ch 1, and PU on channel 2, and you have something else stacked to that, and you want to switch between the C7 and the stacked instrument ?.... Jim

Jon,

If I stack instruments on port 1, channel 1 they all play simultaneously when Sonar is sending data to Gigaport 1, channel 1. If I manually solo an instrument in GS3, I can play just one of the stacked instruments on channel one. Is there a midi control signal that can come from Sonar to GS3 to solo different instruments that are stacked in channel one. Or am I misusing the stacked instruments feature?

Thanks for your help.

Go Back to forum