• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is 'Gstudio Mastery' CD set helpful and is a demo still available?

Share/Bookmark

Is \'Gstudio Mastery\' CD set helpful and is a demo still available?

Tascam has a one paragraph description of GStudio Mastery, and then an order form.

Maybe the previously available video sampling of what the tutorial has to offer still exists, but I haven\'t found it again. I\'ve searched a number of posts here.

So my questions are two- and the second is more important:
    1) are there demos of the tutorial available;
    2) is the GS Mastery CD set a help to someone who wants to manipulate existing sample sets and also create his/her own?

Thanks,
    michael88s

Re: Is \'Gstudio Mastery\' CD set helpful and is a demo still available?

I\'m not sure about #1, but #2 is definitely true.

If you\'re thinking about maybe sorta messin\' with some instruments, it\'s a bit pricey in terms of cost to benefit. If you really want to know the ins and outs of the editor, and record/edit/compile some samples, then it\'s a must have.

I just recently recorded some thumps and hits and built some custom instruments with them. Knowing the editor, it was a piece of cake. Add some reverb and it\'s scary how well this works. Now let\'s see, where\'s that old hubcap?...

Re: Is 'Gstudio Mastery' CD set helpful and is a demo still available?

I can tell you from experience,

GS Mastery is Excellent--
    4 CD ROMS, laid out super-clearly, from installation and registration to the general and finer points of EVERYTHING in GS. The videos are listed clearly in a table of contents--about 10 - 15 per CD ROM.
    Excellent production values, too.

Lots of user tips, from 2 "been there, done it" southern gents. They make it all simple and pleasant, as opposed to tear your hair out and "why isn't that in the help file?"

I use GS 2. I'm not sure if the Tutorials apply to GS 3, but you'll still get all the basics.

Is the GS Mastery CD set a help to someone who wants to manipulate existing sample sets--if you mean work with sample libraries, Yes...

Good luck!
    Renee

I just started using GS Mastery a week ago and it's definitely a big help. I got mine from sweetwater, and yes, according to Bryan Murphy there, they have them in stock. As for the question about existing material; I'm not sure I fully understand your need but here goes. If you've already sequenced some material and you're trying to assign those notes to sounds in Giga then I haven't gotten that far. That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I don't know if this is the hard way or not but I'm going through my tracks and let's say I have snares on five keys. I go to the instrument editor, create an instrument, assign it to those keys I've written down that are already there, then create a distributed wave to assign to those. you can always change that later. The mastery covers that in detail. The only very small beef I have with the tutorial is it's obvious the main narrator is a computer wizard because he zips through everything as if all of us understand the makeup of computer music programs. I'm not the dullest knife in the drawer but I had to replay some things several times to catch up. My cost was 43 or 49 dollars. Good deal.
    -Rajay

Well, did you get it? What'd you think?
    -Rajay

He! if you're a bit slow, like me? it's perfect. + i had a lot of fun watching these 2 guys...I'm talking about mastery 1 here. Did i hear that 2 is out?

Talking Re: Is 'Gstudio Mastery' CD set helpful and is a demo still available?

If that's true, tell me more. I need all the help I can get. There are some questions I'm just too ashamed to ask. Supposedly simple things like: I had some midi done in another Sonar version. Things like migrating them to this version and getting the sounds to actually sound. I go into instrument editor and place them to the notes in the old project. It's hit and miss. Some sound and some don't. Not the program. It's me! That and conquering this rewire thing and I'll be all giddy! Did all these brilliant guys here start that way?
    -Rajay

Go Back to forum