• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Lady Waits- Director's Cut!!

Share/Bookmark

The Lady Waits- Director's Cut!!

Hey, I pulled this peice out of mothballs today and gave it a workover-- very different now!! I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's also an experiment in blending GOS with Synful but GOS is by far the dominant sound. Go to this thread to check it out and let me know what you all think!!

Re: The Lady Waits- Director's Cut!!

Fred!

Brother, you have reached the limit of your bandwidth.

You might want to check out the host I use, they have 60GB of bandwidth and 2000 MB of space for $7 per month. http://www.startlogic.com/

I hate that I didn't get to hear your piece yet!
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

I just tried it again and it worked.... weird. The first time it said the bandwidth was used up.... hmmm. strange!
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic
    I just tried it again and it worked.... weird. The first time it said the bandwidth was used up.... hmmm. strange!
    I'm glad it worked- I didn't know that site rationed bandwidth. It is sort of slow- about 100 Kbs it seems... (amazing to think that's slow nowadays!!)

I downloaded it last night but didn't listen till this morning. What a beautiful piece! I love the linear string writing in the first section.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Hey,... <edit>...check it out and let me know what you all think!!
    Wow! This is a beautiful piece! I agree with Dan that the linear string writing in the first section is lovely. It's very picturesque, in that I think you nailed the imagery, if you will, of the Sir Lancelot "period" you are shooting for. Was this piece made for the love of making music or a work for hire? In any case, it's a fun listen.
    Hey Fred, you being a prog rocker et al (and me being a former one of many years ago), check this out when you get a chance. It is my very first GPO attempt. This is an old piece that I, too, pulled out of the closet, dusted off and transcribed it into GPO so that I could use it as my excuse to submit to the contest (oh well, I had loads of fun, anyway). It has some (perhaps) interesting forays into 7/4, 5/4, 7/4 and 6/4 sectionry that all us ol' proggers appreciate (well, I did say 'perhaps') Yoooo be da judge!
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daag Nabbott
    Wow! This is a beautiful piece! I agree with Dan that the linear string writing in the first section is lovely. It's very picturesque, in that I think you nailed the imagery, if you will, of the Sir Lancelot "period" you are shooting for. Was this piece made for the love of making music or a work for hire? In any case, it's a fun listen.
    Hey Fred, you being a prog rocker et al (and me being a former one of many years ago), check this out when you get a chance. It is my very first GPO attempt. This is an old piece that I, too, pulled out of the closet, dusted off and transcribed it into GPO so that I could use it as my excuse to submit to the contest (oh well, I had loads of fun, anyway). It has some (perhaps) interesting forays into 7/4, 5/4, 7/4 and 6/4 sectionry that all us ol' proggers appreciate (well, I did say 'perhaps') Yoooo be da judge!

Hah, confusion My comments on your piece are in its thread (awesome, BTW)

I originally did The Lady as a personal thing to play with GOS, but we decided to incorporate it into the second disk of the album we're working on, which will e one peice. So we will have a little straight symphonic music on the album! The harp motif becomes a theme through the whole thing to help tie it together. Can't wait to see what the reaction is...

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    ...<edit>...
    I originally did The Lady as a personal thing to play with GOS, but we decided to incorporate it into the second disk of the album we're working on, which will e one peice. So we will have a little straight symphonic music on the album! The harp motif becomes a theme through the whole thing to help tie it together. Can't wait to see what the reaction is...
    That sounds too great!
    That concept brings back very fond recollections of one of The Moody Blues albums that had the London (Philharmonic?) as accompaniment. I wish I still had that recording. That version of Knights in White Satin simply floored me. The real orchestra sure gave their music more depth than their Mellotron (which my old band used to own, btw, so I'm not knockin' that workhorse, mind you).
    Let us know when ya get that album finished.
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

Took me a while to reply but I was very impressed with this piece... and that's often hard to do.

Go Back to forum