• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another Coupla Questions about Program Changes and Gigworkspaces

Share/Bookmark

Another Coupla Questions about Program Changes and Gigworkspaces

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can get more detailed information on using program changes? I am trying to use them by setting up an instrument with a program change no. but am getting weird results --wrong programs changing.

2. The manual discribes how there can be only one Gigaworkspace active at one time. But in the Available instrements winodw in the loader, I can load instruments from many folders which I have previously imported instruments. Also, is it wise to only have one Gigaworkspace and have subfolders in it for your instruments --like percussion, strings, woodwinds, etc. I am trying to get a little organized about my library. Thanks if you have time to answer.
    mahlon bouldin

Re: Another Coupla Questions about Program Changes and Gigworkspaces

1. Remember that MIDI change numbers can be \'1\' based or \'0\' based, i.e., you may need to add one to the program change number in your sequencer.

2. The way the gig display currently functions in the instrument loader, organization is futile!

Re: Another Coupla Questions about Program Changes and Gigworkspaces

I think Gigasampler automatically assigns a program change no. based on the order in which you load the instruments. If you go into an instruments properties, you can assign it a new program change no. there. What was happening with me was that I had not re-assigned the other instruments, so that some where set to the same program change no. It would be helpful to be able to change the program numbers more easily.
    M.

Go Back to forum