• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Anyone heard any Candy news?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone heard any Candy news?

Candy from Yellow Tools was supposed to come out in late 2004.
    No Audio demos ever came out though. It still says 4th quarter 2004 on the site and coming soon. Candy is the saxophone library that has been listed on Soundsonline for over a year.

Anyone know anything????

Re: Anyone heard any Candy news?

I read that at NAMM the Melodyne people were demonstrating software that could play and manipulate saxophone lines ala Melodyne that was jaw-droppingly impressive. I think I'll wait for that.

Jerry

Hi,

I posted them an E-mail a few months ago. Why they don't keep the public updated is beyond me since this sax library was supposed to surface in the 4th quarter of 2003 if I stand correct.

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

FYI,

The Yellow Tools website states:

ESTIMATED RELEASE DATE: 2nd QUARTER 2005

http://www.yellowtools.de/cp21/cms/index.php?id=332

I just asked on their bulliten board the other day and they said it will be ready for Musikmesse.

BTW I noticed that the preorder had been taken off of the soundsonline site not so long ago... which is why I posted on the YT board.

Ben H

Quote Originally Posted by JerryPettit
    I read that at NAMM the Melodyne people were demonstrating software that could play and manipulate saxophone lines ala Melodyne that was jaw-droppingly impressive. I think I'll wait for that.

Jerry
    It wasn't "ala" Melodyne, it WAS Melodyne they were using on both saxes and lead vocals and it was indeed jaw-droppingly impressive. Available now, by the way. I bought mine, but haven't yet installed it.

- Mikodyne Greene

Yellow Tools may have screwed up. If Garritan's Big Band set has good saxes, they may lose sales by not having been the only sax game in town.

Heck, I saw Candy and wanted it at LAST year's NAMM! Now I'll wait and compare.

- Mike Greene

Sounds like they're using the Tascam Giga marketing mavens...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

>It wasn't "ala" Melodyne, it WAS Melodyne they were using on both saxes and lead vocals and it was indeed jaw-droppingly impressive. Available now, by the way. I bought mine, but haven't yet installed it. <

**Really! The write-up I saw made it sound like a separate product.

Still...I can't play saxophone, in any event. (Don't have one, for one thing).

I HAVE thought of using Melodyne on my amateurish harmonica ala Dylan playing. Haven't tried it yet, though. Melodyne is indeed an incredible product.

Jerry

I'll help anyone willing to put together a sax library.

I can play them...I own the four we need...Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bari...( I could even get my hands on a Sopranino and Bass if we needed to) but I don't know how to make a sample library. And being a saxman...I'm very picky with the lackluster sounds of EVERYTHING already available. VSL is the best right now...but still really too jazzy edged as the dynamics increases. You jump from subtle to harsh jazz tone very quickly. CANDY had my hopes up because it listed jazz and legit mouthpieces and set-ups in the sample list. It looked like it might be the first to do the horn justice....but still no sound samples or anything. I volunteer my time and service to anyone who will record all the stuff and put it together. I have doubts that Garritan will be what I want because I have plenty to pull off jazz. I need good classical saxophone samples for wind ensemble and marching works. I could put together a legit and jazz library with someone with the brains to record it. We'd probably get it done before Yellow too...oh and Candy is a standalone...I really prefer Gigastudio 3 to Virtuals.

And yes, I see they updated their release date info sometime around my post.
    I wonder if they read this forum?

-just thought of another thing we could do....a marching brass library for all us drum corps and marching band arrangers....being a band director we can record anything....mellophones, marching baritones, hell hit the euphonium while we're at it since no one since Dan Dean has thought of it, sousaphones, marching tubas/contras...I mean Tap Space does pretty good as the only library to do any justice to the marching drumline since DS Soundware. They sampled the Santa Clara Vanguard drumline for Virtual Drumline...and its great. You don't have to compete with VSL when you offer what they have no interest in.
    Lets hit all the bastard children of the music world and put out The Completely Forgotten Sample Library----not Rare Instruments....Forgotten

Go Back to forum