• Register
  • Help

Topic: FINALE2005 has new updates avail

Share/Bookmark
    Windows XP-pro SP2, Pentium 4
    3.4 GHz, 2GB RAM
    GPO & Finale 2005b.r1

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful. -- Plato

Re: FINALE2005 has new updates avail

Hi,

Here are some additional Human Playback fixes not mentioned in the notes. GPO users might benefit of all this in Fin2005b:

- Smartshape trill with accidentals didn't behave well when above many notes (with ties or not).
    - Tremolos (diddle) worked erratically on certain note values.
    - (Slow) appogiaturas preceded by same pitch got cut short.
    - Real (meaning fast) appoggiaturas had always been sluggish since HP1.0...
    - Mordant and other lower note ornaments could be performed oddly.
    - Misc. improvements and fixes in hairpins.
    - In the neighborhood of Volume expressions, other controller expressions could get unexpectedly disabled.
    - With Final bar feature, in the case of mouvements ending with a repeat bar, the rall occurred at first pass, too.
    - HP prefs default is now 'Incorporate' for tempo (this will affect only new install of Finale 2005b, or if you reset the prefs in HP Prefs db.)
    - Volume-defined expressions (for balance purpose) were caught only if User Volume was set to "Incorporate".
    - There were several bugs preventing the balance use of Volume to work properly.

All the best,
    Robert

Smile Re: FINALE2005 has new updates avail

Thanks for all your work, Robert. It's great to have a friend at Finale!

Re: FINALE2005 has new updates avail

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Piéchaud
    Hi,

Here are some additional Human Playback fixes not mentioned in the notes. GPO users might benefit of all this in Fin2005b:

- Smartshape trill with accidentals didn't behave well when above many notes (with ties or not).
    - Tremolos (diddle) worked erratically on certain note values.
    - (Slow) appogiaturas preceded by same pitch got cut short.
    - Real (meaning fast) appoggiaturas had always been sluggish since HP1.0...
    - Mordant and other lower note ornaments could be performed oddly.
    - Misc. improvements and fixes in hairpins.
    - In the neighborhood of Volume expressions, other controller expressions can get unexpectedly disabled.
    - With Final bar feature, in the case of mouvements ending with a repeat bar, the rall occurs at first pass, too.
    - HP prefs default is 'Incorporate' for tempo (this will affect only new install of Finale 2005a, or if you reset the prefs in HP Prefs db.)
    - Volume-defined expressions (for balance purpose) were caught only if User Volume was set to "Incorporate".
    - There were several bugs preventing the balance use of Volume to work properly.

All the best,
    Robert
    Hi Robert, I'm sure you've covered this question elsewhere, but I'm a Finale 2005b user and I still have volume/expression problems:

1. Should HP be set to Ignore, or Incorporate?
    2. Any other changes to the Playback default settings?
    3. Should the "CC" changes be made in GPO? (I don't even understand what the CC stuff is... but I see that people often talk about it. Should I change it some way?)
    4. Is it my imagination, or is it true that when Finale staves are linked by a bracket/brace/staff group, there seems to be a lack of independence of expressions between the staves?
    5. Anything else I should know?

Thanks so much for all your help on this board!
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

Go Back to forum