• Register
  • Help

Topic: Duke Ellington's Lost Waltz

Duke Ellington's Lost Waltz

This topic title is the subject line that I'm planning on using when I market this song.

Legendary jazz figure Duke Ellington wanted also to be known as a composer. My song---"The Duke In Three"---tries to capture the Ellington spirit as both jazzman and composer.

The idea behind "The Duke..." is that if Ellington had written a concert waltz, this is what it would sound like.

There are two melodies, each with two variations, and a unique, two-verse coda. I've posted A1 and B1 at www.garglingpelicanmusic.biz.

I'd be glad to receive any comments about "The Duke..." It's my first song and first time doing computer-based recording. People who want to comment about technical and technique problems may want to limit themselves to the two things that most need to be done. I don't want to take up anybody's entire weekend;-)

When "The Duke..." is ready, I'll be looking for a recording artist so please do critique this song. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I'll try to make it as good as I can.

David Ferris
    Last edited by David Ferris; 02-05-2005 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Errors on page

Go Back to forum