• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Sir Paul McCartney Rocks the Super Bowl!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Sir Paul McCartney Rocks the Super Bowl!

Staring off with "Drive My Car" into "Get Back Joe" , on the way to "Live And Let Die" and toping off with "Hey Jude"! My kind of half time show! The man still has it and more. Was I excited to see one of my all time idols who kicked me off into this business in 1964! Yes, I am and ever will be a devoted Beatle fan. Just wish Ringo was on drums or better yet ... me!
    Styxx

Talking Re: Sir Paul McCartney Rocks the Super Bowl!

I agree Styxx. He is awesome. But I really think that he should have torn his shirt just a bit to show off a little chest at the end of the last song.

Talking Re: Sir Paul McCartney Rocks the Super Bowl!

I was waiting for that, Excellent!
    Styxx

Re: Sir Paul McCartney Rocks the Super Bowl!

I don't understand why people make a big deal about Paul McCartney. All he does is live off his old Beatles music. He hasn't written anything worthy of modern music in 30 years! He had his time, he's washed up in my opinion. Same goes for Rolling Stones, how many people really know music from the last Rolling Stones album. People only know Satisfaction and other tunes from the past. It is great that these guys are still making money but in truth I believe they are extremely over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaibulu
    I don't understand why people make a big deal about Paul McCartney. All he does is live off his old Beatles music. He hasn't written anything worthy of modern music in 30 years! He had his time, he's washed up in my opinion.
    That's like sayng "that Shakespere guy, he just lives off of the reputation of those plays he wrote. What has he done RECENTLY??"

I don't understand why people make a big deal about Paul McCartney. All he does is live off his old Beatles music.
    True, but then again so is everyone else! At least he is entitled to!
    Wait, not entirely true. A lot of "Paul McCartney's" music was written after the Beatles break up “Live And Let Die” to name just one. Regardless, I couldn't see going to any of his concerts or for that matter the super bowl without expecting to hear at least one Beatle song by one of THE ORIGINAL WRITERS of Beatles! Be that it may, there is no denying the fact that man will go down in music history as one of the greatest Rock n Roll song writers of our time. As a matter of fact, in college we studied the colorations McCartney and Lennon had in there understanding of style to that of Beethoven, Mozart, and the rest. The findings were surprising. Yes, I am a fan and always will be. Before the Beatles hit the carts I never new music could be so entertaining and fascinating.
    As for the Rolling Stones, well ... if it weren't for the "British Invasion" of the 60's sparked by The Beatles, they may not have ever been known. I was never particularly fond of them but they are interesting to watch. There's always Michael Jackson! Who knows, maybe Michael will revise Elvis's "Jail House Rock"!
    Styxx

Usually great composers music mature as they do. Unfortunately Paul McCartney has not matured with modern day music. In other words he is not the future of music, he is the past of the 60's and 70's. Like I said, as long as he can make money that is great for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaibulu
    Usually great composers music mature as they do. Unfortunately Paul McCartney has not matured with modern day music. In other words he is not the future of music, he is the past of the 60's and 70's. Like I said, as long as he can make money that is great for him.
    Modern day music? What "modern music" may that be? Anyway, not disputing the fact that he makes money off of his music. My point is, so does everyone else! And, I see you do agree he is a "Great Composer".
    Styxx

I think you know what modern day music of today is. The media keeps these people alive when in truth they are just a ghost of the past. Not to say that the music they have written is bad, it is just that they live in that era. By the way I know Beatles music, own many records, but live in modern reality.

Well to be perfectly honest I am not sure what is considered "modern" today. What would you suggest and I am not being facetious maybe you could enlighten me.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum