• Register
  • Help

Topic: Checkout my girlfriend's web :)

Share/Bookmark

Checkout my girlfriend's web :)

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Ho what a stupid title for a topic, I know. Please pardon me

Well! If you guyz like nice drawings, then check out my girl's portfolio !
    http://www.ninomojo.com/ciia
    She's a traditionnally trained animator, and she's currently working at Gameloft as a character designer !

It's her first online portfolio.
    Hope you like it, I do
    News & Music here.

Thumbs up Re: Checkout my girlfriend's web :)

Holly Geez these are freaking outstanding!! Now, bare with me I'm not versed at the different techniques so, well, is this "free hand" or computerized? Wow, excellent talent in this girl! I have to show this work to my wife who used to do drawing similar when she was in high school.
    Man, these are totally outrageous! My utmost complements and thank you so much for posting!
    Five stars and ten!
    Styxx

Re: Checkout my girlfriend's web :)

I finally had my wife look at your girlfriend's portfolio. She said they were very professional and awesome!
    Nice work!
    Styxx

Nino, when clicking on the thumbnail pics in her portfolio to get a bigger pic, it would only show a part of the whole pictture not the whole thing .

Otherwise very creative site!

I was accepted to CalArts after two portfolio reviews (2 years) to study character animation. During those two years of efforts, I ended up embracing my family heritage of music as a career choice, deciding my heart lay there, tho I will always love life drawing, and will continue to do so pretty much forever I'm sure.

Seeing these, I'm really glad I picked music!!! Awsome, awsome work! I mean really - totally impressed, and more than that - I wanna see more! Her character design is incredible, and totally fun to explore. Hard to explain with words (I was always bad at presenting stuff anyway ) but for lack of a better way to say it, imho her work is filled with lots and lots of perfect choices.

Really like the website too. One small suggestion (not a big deal, but it would be cool I think) - if there is a way to size the windows that open to present the work to be slightly larger, so as to show the entire image without having to pull the bottom right corner any. It's only like a centimeter shy of perfect right now. Also, maybe a way to cycle through each category with arrows beneath the imagery or something, so a viewer doesn't have to return attention to the main window to click the next image.

Again, totally cool stuff. No amount of verbal praise would be enough. So I'll just say..... FRIKIN' NEAT! and leave it at that.

All the Best now and in the future for you both -
    mike

Hi !

It seems that the popup size problem happens only with certain versions of Firefox... I use bother IE and Opera and the popups are fine (even some people with Firefox don't report any problem.. Strange).

Thank you so much Styxx and MichaelAngelo for the warm comments ! She's very happy about that Thanks also for the suggestions, right now both her and myslef are complete html illiterate so the pop javascript is one we found on a web ressource page, it has the advantage of being automatically ajusted to the size of the image... (which apparently doesn't work with everyone .
    So basically now we don't have any control on that kind of stuff and way of browsing... But your suggestions about browsing are obviously very good and we'll do what kind of solution we find. Right now she's focused on drawing more in order to furnish the perso setion

Thanks a lot from her !
    (She's looking for some freelance work if some of you hear of anything .. Just asking... ))

Cheers!
    Nino
    News & Music here.

(She's looking for some freelance work if some of you hear of anything .. Just asking... ))
    Will this include CD cover art and the like?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Nino Mojo
    Hi !

So basically now we don't have any control on that kind of stuff and way of browsing... But your suggestions about browsing are obviously very good and we'll do what kind of solution we find. Right now she's focused on drawing more in order to furnish the perso setion

Thanks a lot from her !

Cheers!
    Nino
    Nino -- simply make sure every pop-up i the same size. So, each image will need to be edited so consequential pop-ups will be rendered in the same size window and position. There may be a work around, but this is what i do on my site.

Feel free to post the script ... make sure to comment it so the browser will not render it!

Styxx: Ask her! (e-mail's on her site...)

SWL: Thanks, but I'm not sure she would like to re-size each image... ? Thanks anyway, I would post the script but like I sais I don't know a **** about html, so how do you declare a comment?

Thanks !
    News & Music here.

Go Back to forum