• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Wow.. what an embarrasment the Eagles are...

Share/Bookmark

Wow.. what an embarrasment the Eagles are...

*is speechless*

Depressingly yours,
    ~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: Wow.. what an embarrasment the Eagles are...

Sorry for everyone who is sad . ..

Happy for everyone who is happy . ..
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

~Sam Ferrara~

An embarassment? It's a sports event, fagawdsakes! Are you implying they took a dive, or played significantly less than their best? If not, then why go that far? Somebody had to win, somebody had to lose. Otherwise it's not a football game... I haven't seen it yet (major jam session at a friend's house with some really excellent musicians and a couple of stinkers (including the guy who threw the party, but they're all really nice folks even when they play badly) but I saw bits and pieces, and it looked to me like there were two professional teams out there working their butts off.

Be embarassed when you personally screw up in public in some obvious way. Don't be embarassed when a bunch of guys who made more for this game than you or I will this year were on the losing end of sporting match. Unless you were ON the team? THEN you can be embarassed...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Eagles-Patriots Super Bowl Game in Jacksonville, Florida.

As he sat down, a man approached him and asked him if the seat next to him was available.

"Yes," he said sadly, "the seat is empty".

"This is incredible", exclaimed the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sports event in the world, and not use it ?"

Somberly, the man replied, "Well... the seat actually belongs to me. I was supposed to come here with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we have not been together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else - a friend or relative or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

Shaking his head he replied, "No. They're all at her funeral."

That's a good one!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

HA, that joke is awful....yet so funny.

As for the Eagles, I dont' think you anyone should be embarrassed because of the game. They played a good game, the Patriots just played better.... And on hindsight, I should have bet on the game. I predicted the 3 point Patriots win. Oh wellm guess that's why the say hindsight is 20/20
    Tim

Wink Re: Wow.. what an embarrasment the Eagles are...

I was busy with GPO - What's the superbowl?

Fred

sheesh, you had me worried for a second there I thought you were talking about the Eagles....as in....Don Henley and crew...
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Go Back to forum